• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Doping to Train: Isn't that Cheating?

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I need someone to explain to me why athletes need to dope or sport dope, if you will, while training. If they aren't allowed to compete under the influence then why is it okay to train with these products? Doesn't that create a false impression that the athlete can't measure up to on their own?

And how many of you snickered when Oscar gave his reason for having Testaterone in his home? It's becoming more and more obvious that sports fans are being duped in all sports; and the gate we pay is just enabling these athletes who are playing under the influence.

As someone said while the Hindenburg burned, "Oh, the humanity."

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Practice makes perfect. You can experiment and discover what works for you as far as doping. As not everything works the same for all, well at least the amounts and schedule.

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
clotho2 said:

It's becoming more and more obvious that sports fans are being duped in all sports; and the gate we pay is just enabling these athletes who are playing under the influence.

+ 1.

I couldn't agree more.

Doping is cheating any day of the year, whether you're training, racing, or just having a sunbath.
That's why there are surprise anti-doping controls in the first place.

Doping while training allows you to train more. I guess there's no need to provide more reasoning.

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
clotho2 said:
I need someone to explain to me why athletes need to dope or sport dope, if you will, while training. If they aren't allowed to compete under the influence then why is it okay to train with these products? Doesn't that create a false impression that the athlete can't measure up to on their own?

Athletes are banned from using performance enhancing drugs at all times, either while training, competing, during recovery, etc; 24/7 -- 365 days a year.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
@Clotho2

Aren't we still working under the understanding that the stuff found at OPs house is testosto-compositum or whatever the defense lawyer said?

It seems dodgy that he has asked to not be drug tested but nothing further has come out of it.

Red Dragon said:
Athletes are banned from using performance enhancing drugs at all times, either while training, competing, during recovery, etc; 24/7 -- 365 days a year.
Just to clarify:

Not all substances/methods on the WADA list are prohibited at all times. Some are prohibited in competition only.

Not all prohibited substances/methods are performance enhancing.

Not all performance enhancing substances/methods (drugs) are prohibited.

TRENDING THREADS