• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dr. Brent Kay--Ouch Cycling

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Brent Kay is Floyd's personal physician, confidant, close friend, supporter, companion, etc. As personal physician he pokes, examines, and does blood draws on the guy. So how does Floyd Landis dope all those years without Brent Kay's involvement?

BroDeal said:
This is BS. Does your personal physician know if you smoke some weed on the weekends? He might only examine Landis once a year.

My personal physician wouldn't go around fighting for me and advocating for me unless they were very clear on all the relavent issues.

His letters to Lance, et all kinda make him sound a bit nutty :p (Floyd sounds much more reasonable)

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Ripper said:
My personal physician wouldn't go around fighting for me and advocating for me unless they were very clear on all the relavent issues.

His letters to Lance, et all kinda make him sound a bit nutty :p (Floyd sounds much more reasonable)

Wasn't Dr. Kay the orthopod that performed Floyd's hip replacement surgery, and doesn't he have a vested interest in profiling Floyd whenever and wherever he can. I thought that was Kay's angle, but I may be off. Maybe he's just he Family doc.

NW

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
This is BS. Does your personal physician know if you smoke some weed on the weekends? He might only examine Landis once a year.

I don't know, but it seems Dr Kay knows Floyd better than a "once a year" buddy. From an April 2010 Dr Kay e-mail:

Anyway my idea is for you to ride with lance on his team, have them work to re-build your image and be fairly compensated as a Tour de France Champion. Everyone, particularly the fans, would love to see this. I’m pretty sure that both you and Lance will not want to do this and that is why I am asking you to do it for me and my family. I think you have done enough good things now and have just about regained all of your champion form that they should be able to figure out the media part of it. They are the biggest and best in the world at that stuff so while it might be very challenging it should not be that difficult with your current story; you recently started working with a foundation helping black inner city kids, you have regained your previous form, you still have the whole hip story (which remains untapped) and you are a strong anti-doping advocate. In addition there never was an international arrest warrant so when this comes up it is just another lie from that lab. Don’t forget that lab tried to f--k Lance too.

You would have to chill out on that team and just do your job. You have worked with them before and everything could be settled in advance. Keep it simple and just agree to do a few races, maybe with the focus on winning the vuelta and tour of California the next couple years.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/teamradio...t-regarding-doping-allegations/#ixzz0pHvQAM24

Seems Dr Kay wanted to promote his Hip Biz......OUCH Inc.

What did Dr Kay mean by "chill out on that team"?
Omerrrrta?
Staying clean?

TRENDING THREADS