• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dr Ferrari -vs- Lemond

goober said:
Bravo...

"But what Greg does not know, or pretends not to know, is that one of such “confidants” actually clearly mentions his name and that of his doctor in relation to doping events."

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/open-letter-from-dr-michele-ferrari

Bravo indeed. Standing up for Il Mito. Good to see that Lance fans have thrown their hat in the ring with Michele Ferrari.

At least all the rats have decided to stay with the good ship Omerta.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Bravo indeed. Standing up for Il Mito. Good to see that Lance fans have thrown their hat in the ring with Michele Ferrari.

At least all the rats have decided to stay with the good ship Omerta.

Exactly the response I would expect from a Lemond fanboy.

ThaiPanda

BANNED
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Right about now somebody needs to call Ferrari a troll. :D

I predict many in here will be extracting fishooks from their mouths in this thread. :D :D Moosehead was the first get snagged by this treble hook.

Pass the f'ing popcorn. :cool:

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
That's quite a statement by the Doctor, but the Doctor suffers the same credibility concerns as some other folks in this mess.

Does anyone know if the documents he sources are public information?

ThaiPanda

BANNED
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
So for all the posters that are excited about Ferrari's letter, I have a question for you:

Do you think Ferrari is good for the sport of cycling?

Nice diversion try. Kudos. :rolleyes:

Let's try to stay on topic and figure out what can be verified, as eleven suggests. Race Radio, b69, and dumpie will be along shortly to help camel toe muddy this all up with ad hominems, so let's try to get somewhere before they show. Thanks.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
So for all the posters that are excited about Ferrari's letter, I have a question for you:

Do you think Ferrari is good for the sport of cycling?

All Ferrari needs is a book..."The time crunched "nutritional" program"...He could sell them in the Trek stores.

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
ThaiPanda said:

Let's try to stay on topic and figure out what can be verified, as eleven suggests. Race Radio, b69, and dumpie will be along shortly to help camel toe muddy this all up with ad hominems, so let's try to get somewhere before they show. Thanks.

nice way to divert from not answering the question.

And truly such an adult comeback (yes that was sarcasm by the way), obviously you're not interesting in a real discussion but in making up silly names to insult people.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ThaiPanda said:

OK. Let's start here: do you believe Ferrari or Mentheour?

Who do you think is telling the truth and who's lying, Lemond or Ferrari?

Personally, I tend to think that Ferrari is a f**king joke, and I fervently hope his role comes out in the Novitsky investigation.

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
"But what Greg does not know, or pretends not to know, is that one of such “confidants” actually clearly mentions his name and that of his doctor in relation to doping events."
Maybe it's my poor english, but this is one of the most unclear ways to put something I can imagine.

You know, Greg LeMond's name is in many ways "in relation to doping events". Being subpoenaed in an doping investigation puts your name there...

What surprises me the most in that letter is
"- I have never coached more than twenty professional cyclists at the same time. In recent years, less than half of that."
He's still "coaching"? :eek: Who are the 10 guys?

ThaiPanda

BANNED
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
this_is_edie said:
nice way to divert from not answering the question.

And truly such an adult comeback (yes that was sarcasm by the way), obviously you're not interesting in a real discussion but in making up silly names to insult people.

I'm not answering your question because it is off topic. If you want to talk about whether he is good for cycling or not then start another thread. I will be glad to answer there. Until then, you are just getting in the way with irrelevant off topic BS.

Let's see if what Ferrari says can be verified, then discuss. Obviously his "training methods" are BS lies, but the court stuff should be verifiable.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Given Ferrari's close relationship with LeMond, does it seem reasonable, to anyone, that he's had information regarding LeMond doping and is just now making it known?

Here's a great article about the good doctor:

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/documents/32068763

This is my favorite part:

Ferrari's daughter, Sara, was also a gifted athlete, Capodacqua told me. At one point, she ran a
sub-2:30 marathon, even faster than her old man in his heyday. In 1999, she was competing in a
triathlon in Lavarone, Italy. At 22 years old, she was ranked in the top 25 in Italy, and seemed
sure to improve. On the bike leg of the race, however, she was spotted receiving a push from an
older male cyclist, who turned out to be wearing a fake race number.
She was disqualified. The man who pushed her: Her father.
The story had been reported in the European press, but I'd never seen it. So my translator
and I tracked down Italo Botter, the head judge of that race. Botter confirmed the story.
He said he even keeps a report of the infraction framed on his office wall.
I called the doctor at his home, in October 2005. "That," said Michele Ferrari, "is another
complete bull****."

Seems that someone has a bit of a credibility problem of his own.

ThaiPanda

BANNED
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
VeloCity said:
OK. Let's start here: do you believe Ferrari or Mentheour?

Personally, I tend to think that Ferrari is a f**king joke, and I fervently hope his role comes out in the Novitsky investigation.

I have zero idea which one to believe because I'm not up GL's a$$ like most of you, but some things Ferrari says may be verifiable or shoot holes in his letter. Wouldn't it be much better if we see that info first?

WTF can Novitsky do to Ferrari? And, I thought we all knew his role? It's really hard to keep up if we start questioning what that was at this point. :rolleyes:

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
callac said:
Maybe it's my poor english, but this is one of the most unclear ways to put something I can imagine.

You know, Greg LeMond's name is in many ways "in relation to doping events". Being subpoenaed in an doping investigation puts your name there...

What surprises me the most in that letter is
"- I have never coached more than twenty professional cyclists at the same time. In recent years, less than half of that."
He's still "coaching"? :eek: Who are the 10 guys?

It's not unclear. It means that if Greg wants to use information from the Dossier Donati, and accept it as true, then he should be careful because his name is within that Dossier, which puts his under the same scrutiny as Dr Ferrari.

So, now we have Ferrari (and all the credibility he carries) saying that yet another mysterious "confidant" "clearly mentions" not only Lemond's name but also his doctor's in relation to "a doping event". The guy is indignant to the point of responding to Lemonds very direct accusations of impropriety, yet comes back with nothing more than more smoke and innuendo.

It's been 21 years since 1989, when exactly is someone going to actually come forward?

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
So, now we have Ferrari (and all the credibility he carries) saying that yet another mysterious "confidant" "clearly mentions" not only Lemond's name but also his doctor's in relation to "a doping event". The guy is indignant to the point of responding to Lemonds very direct accusations of impropriety, yet comes back with nothing more than more smoke and innuendo.

It's been 21 years since 1989, when exactly is someone going to actually come forward?

No smoke, no innuendo. Read my previous post and wake up.
Ferrari is not accusing Greg of doping. He's accusing his use of hearsay information.
Greg wants to use that? Fine, then we take as valid also what's written in the Dossier about Lemond.

Go and get yourselves a copy of the Dossier if you will. But no, you can't read italian, I suppose...

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ferrari doesn't appear to say much except that all of this is "he said, she said". The fact that it comes out on the heels of the Tour would suggest some incentive to self-promote his "programs". He doesn't address much fact or provide much. Maybe he really takes Lemond seriously as though his reputation could be further compromised.

CitizenErased said:
No smoke, no innuendo. Read my previous post and wake up.
Ferrari is not accusing Greg of doping. He's accusing his use of hearsay information.
Greg wants to use that? Fine, then we take as valid also what's written in the Dossier about Lemond.

Go and get yourselves a copy of the Dossier if you will. But no, you can't read italian, I suppose...

Actually, I can and French as well. 4 years of Latin in prep school and French in college helps make reading the cycling press much more enjoyable..

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So Pharmstrong rolls out his ferrari mechanic to get back at lemond, no surprises there are there. Unless the fact that it took him so long is a surprise!!

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
ThaiPanda said:
I have zero idea which one to believe because I'm not up GL's a$$ like most of you, but some things Ferrari says may be verifiable or shoot holes in his letter. Wouldn't it be much better if we see that info first?
So let's take that as you think both have equal credibility.

WTF can Novitsky do to Ferrari? And, I thought we all knew his role? It's really hard to keep up if we start questioning what that was at this point. :rolleyes:
Easy - riders, Armstrong, Bruyneel, testifying as to where the dope came from, how it was administered, who all was involved, paper trails leading back to Ferrari, etc etc etc - think that can be done without bringing Ferrari into it? Novitsky can't "do" anything to Ferrari, but he sure as hell can put the nail in his coffin by exposing him for what he is.

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Actually, I can and French as well. 4 years of Latin in prep school and French in college helps make reading the cycling press much more enjoyable..

Excellent. Read it then, if you want to waste your time and practice your italian.
All Ferrari is saying, and it's pretty clear to those with a brain, is that it's all fake stuff. So he's actually clearing Greg's name.
Or not, if you believe all the stuff Lemond wrote and then some.

So, now... Lemond's fans... can you chill? NO? Being a bit biased, aren't we?

TRENDING THREADS