• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Driving into cyclists the Emma way

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
it appears there's a memo out in Sydney today about being Drive Like a D1ckhead Day...
2 near misses and an actual collision on this morning's commute.

The collision was by a git who was driving in and out of the bike lane, while I was in it - next to him. He then pulls across me to a driveway while I'm level with his front wheel. Scuffed shoe vs bent fender, and he just sat there looking at me as if he couldn't work out what just happened...

I don't eat cornflakes, but do they really have drivers licences on the packets??

Hawkwood said:
On the day this happened the local senior police officer said that it was just a tragic accident, I thought hang on you haven't had time to investigate this yet. When having driving lessons we're told to moderate our speed if there might be ice on the road, clearly this guy paid not heed to this.

No but they are all sorry after the event and find God or whatever. Drunk drivers and drug affected drivers make a decision before they get in the car, it's the same with people that speed and if those decisions cost lives, the offender should pay for it with more than a slap on the wrist otherwise why have laws at all ?

then comes today's prize winner...

I was behind a bus and car, doing 35kmh, when this guy comes up from behind me in his crappy 80's mazda 121. He's buzzing close to my back wheel, beeping his horn and yelling abuse at me, telling me to get off the road (amongst other things). He was going off bigtime!
God knows why, it's not like I was holding him up...
Further down the road after the bus has turned off, I make it to a shared path and leave the road. This guy doesn't stop, driving along side the path still yelling abuse. Apparently, women like real men who drive, and don't like guys with seats up their ar$e... who knew?
He then pulls up and jumps out of his car, but is nowhere near me when I go past on the path.
He then follows the path for nearly another full kilometre yelling abuse - telling me to get on the road so he can run me over...

Just over 2kms of following/chasing me for simply being rightfully on the road and minding my own business.
Sydney's motorists are the best :rolleyes:

I gave up trying to train in Sydney many years ago. I used to do my long pre season rides in the Blue Mountains where there's some spectacular roads but the bogan element just made it far too scary. Looking back, I'm not sure how I even survived some incidents.

The worst demographic (after tradies OFC) was moderately attractive bogan girls in their late teens- early 20's. They were used to getting whatever they wanted and thought they ruled the world...

and then comes this morning's peckerwood - driving his "company vehicle", if you want to call a garbage truck just that...
Just barges across myself and another rider nearly taking us out. We look over at him parked at the red light further down the road to see him flip the bird at us.
Such great motorists/drivers in Sydney with such lovely attitudes :rolleyes:

Re:

Archibald said:
and then comes this morning's peckerwood - driving his "company vehicle", if you want to call a garbage truck just that...
Just barges across myself and another rider nearly taking us out. We look over at him parked at the red light further down the road to see him flip the bird at us.
Huh? Mr Rearview Mirror, meet Sñr Foot.

I've only had to do it a couple of times, but problem solved...

Re: Re:

42x16ss said:
Archibald said:

psst! "garbage truck"...
more than a can can to reach that one ;)

I think clapping him and calling out "nice job" just as the light went green might have upset him a tad

Re: Re:

Archibald said:
42x16ss said:
Archibald said:

psst! "garbage truck"...
more than a can can to reach that one ;)

I think clapping him and calling out "nice job" just as the light went green might have upset him a tad
Yeah, I missed that :p Works well on commodore utes though :D

I pulled up at the lights once, in front of someone who was abusing me, and I pulled my keys out of my gilet pocket and waved them at him.
He litterally shat himself as he pulled straight across the on coming traffic to go down a side street when the lights went green!!

TRENDING THREADS