• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

DT240s and shimano 11 speed

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Giuseppe Magnetico said:
If they're so well suited for enduro racing as you say, a format where equipment is continually pushed to the absolute maximum, why wouldn't they be good in local road race or crit? If they are slow to sell, why is every manufacturer from A to Z introducing disk brakes to their cx and road bikes?

Keep in mind this thread has nothing to do with disk brakes, I would suggest you either create a new one to continue the conversation, or jump in on a existing one. You know 42x16ss we've beaten this subject to death over the years here on the forum and look at the market since then, "slow to sell"? C'mon dude, you wouldn't make a very good lawyer. Are we looking at the same industry?
Good point, didn't mean to derail the thread. I just guess that I sit somewhere between yourself and BK on the tech innovation side of things. Ok, discs probably would be a slight advantage on regular road and crit races but really, a necessity? I don't know how quickly the North American or Euro markets are taking up road discs but I have seen a total of 2 disc equipped road bikes on the road here in Aus.