• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dubai Tour 3-7/02/2016 2.HC

This will be fun to watch. The top two sprinters both are on new teams. Surely both will want to impress. I think Kittel will be at a slight disadvantage when it comes to a traditional leadout. He's got amazing support, but hasn't had a long time to "gel" with them - Of course this won't matter if he gets back to 2014 form.

I'm hoping for an overall win by Cancellara. He would need the sprinters to divide the bonus second points among themselves so no one has a "big" lead, and then take the win on Hatta Dam.

Re: Re:

Jspear said:
Velolover2 said:
The uphill sprint is only 250 metres of hard gradients. Lovato ftw.

If he was placed better last year, he would have beaten Degenkolb.

Yah, if he's in any sort of shape. What's he been doing recently?

It's quite hard to tell with Lobato. Sometimes he's in good shape, but he next week he isn't. Didn't look amazing at TDU so maybe he won't be that good, but maybe he will.

BigMac said:
Mayomaniac said:
A sprinter will probably win this crappy oil money race because of bonus seconds.

It is a crappy oil money race, so who cares if the sprinters win it. Just pray this charade of a race dies quickly.
Prayers don't work, I've tried prayers to God, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Ra, Zeus, Odin, Zarathustra and all nine million deities of Shinto, but the S**********s is still going.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Quatar is usually great to watch beecause of the crosswinds and Oman is also a halfway decent tune up race at the start of the season, so I don't mind those races.

Re:

Bushman said:
Does anyone have the route profiles?

Nk0zlbal.jpg

Vi91vX6l.jpg

5UiHz7bl.jpg

OnZDr2dl.jpg

Libertine Seguros said:
BigMac said:
Mayomaniac said:
A sprinter will probably win this crappy oil money race because of bonus seconds.

It is a crappy oil money race, so who cares if the sprinters win it. Just pray this charade of a race dies quickly.
Prayers don't work, I've tried prayers to God, Yahweh, Allah, Vishnu, Ra, Zeus, Odin, Zarathustra and all nine million deities of Shinto, but the S**********s is still going.

Have you tried praying to the UCI?

Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Quatar is usually great to watch beecause of the crosswinds and Oman is also a halfway decent tune up race at the start of the season, so I don't mind those races.

If it is windy Qatar is one of the best races in the year (if not it is boring). I also like the Tour of Oman it has a good route and there usually is a pretty good field. Dubai I dont really care about

Jspear said:
Libertine Seguros said:
BigMac said:
Mayomaniac said:

Have you tried praying to the UCI?

UCI doesn't care about praying, only about paying.