Dumoulin.

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
What?

Dumoulin is actually the one to not show supermagical recoveries during GTs. In fact if he was doing that he'd have never lost that Vuelta and Giro he lost in the end.
The bloke went from obscurity to putting in the best Giro/Tour double since Pantani in a few years, he does not have a leg to stand on commenting anyone else's performances regardless of consistency or supermagical recoveries imo

His 'mental health break' hasn't done his TT any harm, flying atm.
He was also overtrained.

I don't doubt Dumoulin has good juices flowing cause of the team he's on, but his TT IMO was Clinically not that interesting.

now that was out of nowhere.
He had a good MTT in Suisse? Together with Tour guys underperforming in that ITT, and he's hardly raced less in the last 5 months than say Rohan Dennis or even Primoz Roglic.

Reactions: JosefK
He was also overtrained.

I don't doubt Dumoulin has good juices flowing cause of the team he's on, but his TT IMO was Clinically not that interesting.

He had a good MTT in Suisse? Together with Tour guys underperforming in that ITT, and he's hardly raced less in the last 5 months than say Rohan Dennis or even Primoz Roglic.
Yeah, I didn't see anything extra-alien about Dumoulin's return to form in the Olympics TT--not anything inconsistent with the Dumoulin of recent years (pre Giro 2019 injury).

Reactions: Red Rick

ASK THE COMMUNITY