• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dumoulin.

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Am i the only one who thinks that he leaves a cleaner team for a (better) program? And that this was a big part in his decision? Starting with the Ketone thing Jumbo uses (i know that it isn't illegal so far), the MPCC withdrawal following Bennetts Cortisol levels and not to forget the thyroid medication.
I reckon Dumoulin knows that Carapaz would have smoked him, regardless of team strength, so yeah, a change was in order.

He's clearly looking to improve his performance, one way or another. He HATES losing. He's not getting any younger, either.

Reactions: orbifold
Dumo´s story is perfect for a big argument of forum/twitter. Spekenbrink´s team rise from pro conti to Giro win with a skinny rider, knee injury not treated correctly by the team, Dumo´s ego, him throwing his bike in Abu Dhabi, his Giro winning team mate involved in Aderlass, maybe injury overblown to hide a silent bad, going away from Sunweb to sign for more money, the ***. Kemna (Argos-shimano DS) confessing doping. Jumbo leaving the MPCC after Bennett´s cortisol levels. now Dumo signing with the former Rabo (he raced for them as U23) and Jumbo using ketones. it´s perfect nobody cares just beat Ineos and you´ll be the king of the world

Am i the only one who thinks that he leaves a cleaner team for a (better) program? And that this was a big part in his decision? Starting with the Ketone thing Jumbo uses (i know that it isn't illegal so far), the MPCC withdrawal following Bennetts Cortisol levels and not to forget the thyroid medication.

Why are people pushing this narrative? What makes you think they would ever be added to a banned list? (We'll leave out the lack of any real evidence they work for now).

I reckon Dumoulin knows that Carapaz would have smoked him, regardless of team strength, so yeah, a change was in order.

He's clearly looking to improve his performance, one way or another. He HATES losing. He's not getting any younger, either.
You seriously think Carapaz gets those 2 minutes from Courmayeur if Dumoulin is in the group behind?

Giro would've been wide open with Dumoulin there imo.

I doubt the sad news on Dumoulin this week is clinic related. Some innuendo posted on the main article in CN. As for his recent form, he seemed hugely strong in the TdF. A machine on La Planche des Belles Filles TT, watched him ride that climb on his TT bike after supporting Roglic for most of the three weeks. He had little to ride for and still finished 2nd on the stage. Tom was in monster form.

I doubt the sad news on Dumoulin this week is clinic related. Some innuendo posted on the main article in CN. As for his recent form, he seemed hugely strong in the TdF. A machine on La Planche des Belles Filles TT, watched him ride that climb on his TT bike after supporting Roglic for most of the three weeks. He had little to ride for and still finished 2nd on the stage. Tom was in monster form.
You don't think he's looked at the amount of gear Pog and Rog are willing to do and said, screw that? He's pretty much said as much in relation to Pog's alien tt after like you said, his great ride at Planche. Probably one of his best tt's in his life and still lost 1:30.

Dumoulin has been whining for years about pretty much everything so his opinion of Pogacar's performance at the PdB is pretty much worthless. Besides he's so bitter and whiny that it didn't even occur to him that he would OBVIOUSLY have lost less than 90 seconds if he had switched bikes like almost everybody else.

Last edited:
Reactions: pastronef
Dumoulin has been whining for years about pretty much everything so his opinion of Pogacar's performance at the PdB is pretty much worthless. Besides he's so bitter and whiny that it didn't even occur to him that he would OBIVOUSLY have lost less than 90 seconds if he had switched bikes like almost everybody else.
He is in my top 3 most dislikeable blokes in the peloton and it would be hypocritical of him to judge Pogacar after his Giro/Tour double efforts lol

Reactions: pastronef
What?

Dumoulin is actually the one to not show supermagical recoveries during GTs. In fact if he was doing that he'd have never lost that Vuelta and Giro he lost in the end.
The bloke went from obscurity to putting in the best Giro/Tour double since Pantani in a few years, he does not have a leg to stand on commenting anyone else's performances regardless of consistency or supermagical recoveries imo

TRENDING THREADS