• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Dumoulin.

Page 53 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
* He was pulled out of Lombardia a few days ago claiming sickness and fatigue, so press conference might be MPCC-related perhaps?
Isn't he contracted with Sunweb until 2021?

* Edit, Just realised that was a 2017 tweet, he doesn't do Twitter anymore doh!

Yep it will be a sponsor thing or simply announcing his 2019 objectives. A little odd to do this in a press-conference though when he's not out of contract, so I can see why Susan announced it.

Jul 13, 2016
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
No and no. He is doing hammer in china so.

It is going to be something 'more kids on bike' related. So all you sensationalists can go home disappointed.
Which is almost as big of a shame.

Re:

therealthing said:
He's advertising an event for youth cyclists.

I'm sure telling people how stocky time triallists can become monster climbers will be part of the event.
... and if you're asthmatic or have thyroid problems then the pro-peloton's for you! :D

Am i the only one who thinks that he leaves a cleaner team for a (better) program? And that this was a big part in his decision? Starting with the Ketone thing Jumbo uses (i know that it isn't illegal so far), the MPCC withdrawal following Bennetts Cortisol levels and not to forget the thyroid medication.
I reckon Dumoulin knows that Carapaz would have smoked him, regardless of team strength, so yeah, a change was in order.

He's clearly looking to improve his performance, one way or another. He HATES losing. He's not getting any younger, either.

Reactions: orbifold
Dumo´s story is perfect for a big argument of forum/twitter. Spekenbrink´s team rise from pro conti to Giro win with a skinny rider, knee injury not treated correctly by the team, Dumo´s ego, him throwing his bike in Abu Dhabi, his Giro winning team mate involved in Aderlass, maybe injury overblown to hide a silent bad, going away from Sunweb to sign for more money, the ***. Kemna (Argos-shimano DS) confessing doping. Jumbo leaving the MPCC after Bennett´s cortisol levels. now Dumo signing with the former Rabo (he raced for them as U23) and Jumbo using ketones. it´s perfect nobody cares just beat Ineos and you´ll be the king of the world

Am i the only one who thinks that he leaves a cleaner team for a (better) program? And that this was a big part in his decision? Starting with the Ketone thing Jumbo uses (i know that it isn't illegal so far), the MPCC withdrawal following Bennetts Cortisol levels and not to forget the thyroid medication.
Why are people pushing this narrative? What makes you think they would ever be added to a banned list? (We'll leave out the lack of any real evidence they work for now).

I reckon Dumoulin knows that Carapaz would have smoked him, regardless of team strength, so yeah, a change was in order.

He's clearly looking to improve his performance, one way or another. He HATES losing. He's not getting any younger, either.
You seriously think Carapaz gets those 2 minutes from Courmayeur if Dumoulin is in the group behind?

Giro would've been wide open with Dumoulin there imo.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS