• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Dutch Beer Race) Amstel Gold Race 2021, 216.7k. Sunday.

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Pick the winner.

• Pidcock / Kwiatkowski

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Bagioli / Vansevenant / Alaphilippe

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Schachmann / Schelling

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • van Aert / Roglic

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Valverde

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Hirschi

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fuglsang

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Matthews

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Hindsgaul Madsen

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • All these choices are ridiculous, I'm making my ballot invalid.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not bad racing at all once it started rolling out.
Congrats to the Jumbo Visma team on another double this spring.

Ineos fans can freely claim Pidcock was faster.
I'd never assume there's so much versatility in such a package.
As the whole team has raised their classics' game.

And Schachmann just lacked the sprint. Matched the duo in every other aspect.
Great ride.

Quite a rematch.

Reactions: hayneplane
Also, Matthews must be fuming. If the peloton had cooperated, he could have won, him lacking teammates really impacted that finale.
Fuming from what? He should have done more work himself if he wanted a sprint finale. Chaves killed himself for him and I did not see him at all at the front. So no, if he is mad he should be mad at himself! other than that good result for his work.

Great ride by Pidcock. Judging by his facial expression after the race it looks like he thought he won. From the angle they showed it would have been declared a dead heat in the good ol days ! Another top five finish for Matthews and a nice ride by Valverde. I thought Schachman might have tried a long sprint even though he knew he was probably riding for third.

Fuming from what? He should have done more work himself if he wanted a sprint finale. Chaves killed himself for him and I did not see him at all at the front. So no, if he is mad he should be mad at himself! other than that good result for his work.
That group was way too big for someone who had spent a lot of energy chasing to have the fastest sprint left. None of the other fast men were pulling either, for the same reason.

TRENDING THREADS