• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

(Dutch Beer Race) Amstel Gold Race 2021, 216.7k. Sunday.

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Pick the winner.

• Pidcock / Kwiatkowski

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Bagioli / Vansevenant / Alaphilippe

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Schachmann / Schelling

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • van Aert / Roglic

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Valverde

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Hirschi

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fuglsang

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Matthews

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Hindsgaul Madsen

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • All these choices are ridiculous, I'm making my ballot invalid.

Votes: 12 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No, the virtual photo finish line is the only correct finish line. And Van Aert was without a doubt the first to cross the photo finish line. Discussion closed. You can't change the rules during or after the race..... because your favorite didn't win.
I think it's fair to say that at least the photo finish line should coincide with the actual finish line, otherwise questions of accuracy inevitably arise. As it is the invisible photo finish line becomes the arbitrary indicator of victory, as riders shoot for a designated target that is merely illusory.

You have no authority to declare any discussion closed, so come down from your high horse.

By the way I had no preference in the outcome, no favorite rider with whom to side, so your final premise is bogus. And this has nothing to do with changing the rules, but the accuracy of a system in its current usage and the results declared by it. Even if CyclistAbi doesn't agree, his photo shows exactly what mine does. Pidcock reaching the finish line first, even if it was not the real (invisible) one. Way to call a bike race.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS