• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dutch Olympic Skaters have to be doping

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Definately a contender for 2nd most popular sport in the country if not the frontrunner, from what they say.
If you mean spectator sport, sure. But practitionars?

Helllllll no.

My guess:

Soccer
Tennis
Running
-Some other ballsport (Basketball/Volleyball etc.)
Cycling
Speedskating (and that mostly hinges on the winter) => I'd venture a bet that within 5 years we have more shorttrack competitors at all levels than speedskaters due tot the smaller skating rinks needed (cheaper to do indoor and thus not winter dependant).

Speedskating is a tiny sport. Indeed most competitive speedskaters are also competitive cyclists.

But that said, anyone here not thinking the best speedskaters (and thus including the Ducth) haven't been blood manipulating since the 1990'ies is in full denial. The gains are to big and the regimen is to easy. It's inconceivable Epo somehow did not cross over to skating.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Franklin said:
If you mean spectator sport, sure. But practitionars?

Helllllll no.

My guess:

Soccer
Tennis
Running
-Some other ballsport (Basketball/Volleyball etc.)
Cycling
Speedskating (and that mostly hinges on the winter) => I'd venture a bet that within 5 years we have more shorttrack competitors at all levels than speedskaters due tot the smaller skating rinks needed (cheaper to do indoor and thus not winter dependant).

Speedskating is a tiny sport. Indeed most competitive speedskaters are also competitive cyclists.

But that said, anyone here not thinking the best speedskaters (and thus including the Ducth) haven't been blood manipulating since the 1990'ies is in full denial. The gains are to big and the regimen is to easy. It's inconceivable Epo somehow did not cross over to skating.

nobody is talking about practitioners in sport :rolleyes:

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I said it is a contender and front runner for "2nd most popular sport in the country".
and that's pretty sad.

Its downright folclore.

This sport and time they put in it, annoys the hell out of me for years already.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
nobody is talking about practitioners in sport :rolleyes:

Let me check the post that started of this line of thinking....

Cloxxki said:
I'm Dutch, and been active in almost pro sports for a long time
I know a few people who like to do laps on skates. But it's a VERY small sport.

Oh my, you are utterly wrong. :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS