• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Dylan Groenewegen discussion thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

shalgo said:
Mayomaniac said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Groenwegen is definitely more like Kittel. He's too bulky to get over hills comfortably. At least, the longer ones.
He did pretty well in some other Belgian semi-classics. So as long as the hill is short enough he can get over them.

PN type of climbs are already too tough so no chance he gets over the Poggio.
Greipel also sucks on the longer climbs in MSR, but does pretty well on the Belgian cobbles, maybe you could compare him to him.
Groenewegen won the Ronde van Vlaanderen Beloften in 2014, beating, among others, Benoot, so I think it is fair to believe that Groenewegen, like Greipel, could be decent in the cobbled classics.

So far Groenewegen wasnt able to keep up in the cobbled races, except in kuurne this year. That was a doomed to be a sprint day though.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Im also pretty sure Groenewegen can't make the Poggio after 290 km, he just seems a little bit too heavy, a bit like Greipel but obviously a worse climber. Ewan is really different, as is Gaviria.

But what an amazing top speed he has got, I must admit I have been sleeping a bit on him, mainly because I don't really care that much about sprints.

Ah, right. Sounds like he knows his limitations.

He could always, you know, take a tow up La Manie to save energy....

Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
I think he's the second best pure sprinter around these days. And perhaps he can even challenge Kittel this year.

I'm not sure about this. He and Viviani have definitely been in the best form early on - and he can certainly challenge Kittel.

But I would say (assuming equal form) 'he's in the mix' with about 5 or 6 others.

yWIdIY3.png

How come this man doesn't have his own thread yet? He's been on fire this year.

For me there was no doubt, Dylan has been the fastest sprinter since the begining of the season. After his bad start Dekker_Tifosi could sound a little bit like a cheerleader but he was rigth all the time about Dylan speed, his wins in Kuurne, Paris Nice or Slovenie were much more than simple wins.

By the way, I´m almost sure that he has another thread that was opened some months ago. Can be?

pablohidalgo7 said:
For me there was no doubt, Dylan has been the fastest sprinter since the begining of the season. After his bad start Dekker_Tifosi could sound a little bit like a cheerleader but he was rigth all the time about Dylan speed, his wins in Kuurne, Paris Nice or Slovenie were much more than simple wins.

By the way, I´m almost sure that he has another thread that was opened some months ago. Can be?

Another thread was opened for him, but I’m terrible at finding things with the sites search engine.

Jspear said:
pablohidalgo7 said:

Another thread was opened for him, but I’m terrible at finding things with the sites search engine.

I think you are right, I was searching for the full name but then found that Dekker_Tifosi actually already opened it here. Well I guess admins can close this one (I can't delete it since it has replies), or perhaps merge both into one.

TRENDING THREADS