Dylan Groenewegen discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah he did. Tbh I don't think we'll see him in action anymore this season.
Me neither... not only because he's clearly not in a place mentally where he's able to ride, but also because UCI might not be in a hurry to pass judgement in the case against him, could imagine they'd be kind of busy managing the whole COVID-situation, and since Jumbo has said he won't ride until UCI has decided on a punishment...
Now, if he'd shown no remorse - and hadn't been quickly suspended by his team - UCI might have been a bit more of a hurry to get a rider who'd honestly displayed some rather dangerous riding off the road, but as things stand the question of "What to do about Dylan Groenewegen?" might not be the first thing on anyone's mind.

So he is out of the season. I just fear that will he ever be able to get back on the bike and be competitive. This will follow him for the rest of his career. Sprinters are known for their competitive edge. There will always be that little voice inside his head saying what if something like this happens again.

Apr 1, 2015
I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. He's been made a scapegoat for this accident where the governing body who design the stages / barriers should be more to blame. His move was obviously not intentional. It's just an unfortunate racing accident.

Reactions: RedheadDane
I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him to be honest. He's been made a scapegoat for this accident where the governing body who design the stages / barriers should be more to blame. His move was obviously not intentional. It's just an unfortunate racing accident.
He would have crashed Jakobsen regardless. The result would have been less dramatic, but what he did was still very much not ok.

It was not an unfortunate racing accident. It was bad behaviour. However I would not like it to be the end of his career.

Reactions: Sandisfan

ASK THE COMMUNITY