• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Easton EC90 BB compatibility??

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I am looking at upgrading my bottom bracket to the Easton EC90 ceramic bottom bracket. However my cranks are FSA SLK carbon cranks and i was wanting to know if the Easton bb is compatible or not??
Some websites say the bb is compatible with shimano cranks? and easton i believe says it isn't compatible with shimano??
Any information would be greatly appreciated before i purchase it.

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
gogo419 said:
I am looking at upgrading my bottom bracket to the Easton EC90 ceramic bottom bracket. However my cranks are FSA SLK carbon cranks and i was wanting to know if the Easton bb is compatible or not??
Some websites say the bb is compatible with shimano cranks? and easton i believe says it isn't compatible with shimano??
Any information would be greatly appreciated before i purchase it.

The Easton EC90 ceramic bottom bracket is fully compatible with Your FSA SLK carbon crankset. Both the Easton EC90 Crankset and Your FSA SLK carbon crankset have 24 mm diameter, chromoly axle spindles. So compatibility is not an issue. Ignore what easton says on their website. They want to sell You their own cranksets along with their Bottom Brackets. Most Bottom brackets from different manufacturers have a standard 25 mm diameter for a universal fit. The Easton EC90 BB is quite an expensive piece of Kit. The non ceramic Version of the EC 90 is about 1/4 the price of its ceramic cousin. And weighs only 5 grams more. There are loads of good quality Bottom Brackets to choose from for a fraction of the price of the ceramic EC90. But saying that the ceramic EC90 is a good choice for any one willing to part with their hard earned cash.

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
i know it sounds stupid but they are grade three ceramic bearings. No one else that i am aware of use such good bearings and its for the TT bike which is having a bit of renovation, hopefully over the next few months and needs to be as fast as possible!!

thanks for the info anyway. :)