• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Edvald Boasson Hagen - How Good Is He

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
tranny granny gear said:
he is so so very dirty and doped

I had to register just to respond to this - with one word - trolling! Your name says it all, really...

IMO, it's as simple as an astonishing talent - and of course a great team to help him outfront.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Halvis said:
I had to register just to respond to this - with one word - trolling! Your name says it all, really...
Really? Do you feel you've added to the conversation?

The most active norwegian-language cycling forum is an absolute cesspool of inanity, and the real danger of Boasson doing well is that they'll branch out into english-language forums.

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
samb01 said:
Really? Do you feel you've added to the conversation?

The most active norwegian-language cycling forum is an absolute cesspool of inanity, and the real danger of Boasson doing well is that they'll branch out into english-language forums.

Sorry, but what is your point?

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Not trolling. let's be serious though. These guys like Astarloza are getting popped left and right for winning a stage. This guy wins 4, and, you think he's clean. the only guy NEVER doping is that Van Servsersant guy that wins the lantern rough every year.

I love the "true believers". Keep the faith boys & girls.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Halvis said:
Sorry, but what is your point?
You registered for the sole purpose of responding to an obvious troll, and that does nothing but detract from the overall conversation.

I did read your post before you edited it btw, which was why I felt to compelled to give people a heads up about what might be coming this way if Boasson keeps rocking.

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
tranny granny gear said:
Not trolling. let's be serious though. These guys like Astarloza are getting popped left and right for winning a stage. This guy wins 4, and, you think he's clean. the only guy NEVER doping is that Van Servsersant guy that wins the lantern rough every year.

I love the "true believers". Keep the faith boys & girls.

OK, lets keep it serious - despite your forum name and considering that it was your second post...

If he were spanish or italian or russian, with their long history of doping, I might have followed you more. Keeping in mind he's norwegian, I am pretty confident he's clean. To your info, there's never been caught a norwegian rider in doping, despite the fact that Norway for many years have had the one of most intensive testing regime of all countries - in and out of competitions.

I stay by my initial statement - a great team and an astonishing talent is the case here. Call me blueeyed if you want, I don't mind.

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
samb01 said:
You registered for the sole purpose of responding to an obvious troll, and that does nothing but detract from the overall conversation.

I did read your post before you edited it btw, which was why I felt to compelled to give people a heads up about what might be coming this way if Boasson keeps rocking.

I'm registered in different forums, for different topics through the web, initiated from different reasons, this was a new one I must admit. I must honestly say that you gave me the worst welcome of the forums I'm in, congratulations for that.

Enough of that. My first post was unfortunately very poorly written, but I've hopefully written it better under a new post, so feel free to qute from that.

Still unsure of how you mean Boassens achiements will affect this or other forums?

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Wow, somehow a tremendously lame, idiotic, unfounded, attention seeking post has turned this into yet another doping thread. A moderator ought toget involved and just delete that trash. Posts on EBH shouldn't be tainted by this sort of malicious tripe.:mad:

Halvis said:
OK, lets keep it serious - despite your forum name and considering that it was your second post...

If he were spanish or italian or russian, with their long history of doping, I might have followed you more. Keeping in mind he's norwegian, I am pretty confident he's clean. To your info, there's never been caught a norwegian rider in doping, despite the fact that Norway for many years have had the one of most intensive testing regime of all countries - in and out of competitions.

I stay by my initial statement - a great team and an astonishing talent is the case here. Call me blueeyed if you want, I don't mind.

pretty naive Halvis, do you know that there is something called globalisation? Doping exists as a global thing. Is not Columbia a global team too?
to suspect one rider because his nationality seems the most weak of the arguments

Halvis said:

Just like in Norwegian cross-country skiing, nobody's ever doped their right?

Please.

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Halvis said:

Please don't embarrass yourself with arguments like this. Nationality doesn't prove anything. Lets look at some of the top norwegian cyclist of all time:
Knut Knudsen-doped
Jostein Wilman-doped
Dag Erik Pedersen-doped
Atle Pedersen-doped
Dag Otto Lauritzen-probably doped
Kurt Asle Arvesen-probably doped
Thor Hushovd-most likely clean

14,2 % clean?. I hope EBH is clean, but being norwegian isn't proof.

And yes, norwegian forums sucks. They're basically flooded with people who still believe hwsnbn is clean...

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Just like in Norwegian cross-country skiing, nobody's ever doped their right?

Please.

Exactly. Nobody's doped in cross-country.

I don't think you guys understand the norwegian testing regime, it is so extensive out of competition that is is simply not possible to take illegal substances without being caught. Or do you guys think that norwegians have found a new drug not known to anyone, not possible to trace? The fact that noone ever has been caught says is all IMO.

Also, the idea of fair play is so grounded, that even if anyone were tempted, I think the possibility of being caught is so frightening that they simply don't dare. If one should be caught, it would be such a shame that they never would dare showing their face in Norway again. This is so different from for instance Russia, where the old doping regime still lives on - when someone is caught, they just think it's bad luck. The latest story a few weeks ago was Julia Tsjepalova and Evgenij Dementiev caught for EPO, just one week later Dementiev were spotted traing with the russian sprint team. This would never, never been possible in Norway.

Otherwise, I'm new in here, and didn't know that you guys really think that everyone that wins is doped. Then I ask myself, why bother following the sport?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Halvis said:

I don't think you guys understand the norwegian testing regime, it is so extensive out of competition that is is simply not possible to take illegal substances without being caught. Or do you guys think that norwegians have found a new drug not known to anyone, not possible to trace? The fact that noone ever has been caught says is all IMO.

Also, the idea of fair play is so grounded, that even if anyone were tempted, I think the possibility of being caught is so frightening that they simply don't dare. If one should be caught, it would be such a shame that they never would dare showing their face in Norway again. This is so different from for instance Russia, where the old doping regime still lives on - when someone is caught, they just think it's bad luck. The latest story a few weeks ago was Julia Tsjepalova and Evgenij Dementiev caught for EPO, just one week later Dementiev were spotted traing with the russian sprint team. This would never, never been possible in Norway.

Otherwise, I'm new in here, and didn't know that you guys really think that everyone that wins is doped. Then I ask myself, why bother following the sport?

I didn't know that anti doping was so strong in Norway!!! If it is, then congratulations...it is something to be proud of!! I personally don't think all winners are doping!!

A

Anonymous

Halvis said:

There is no accepted test for using your own packed cells. Also, cheaters are a pretty resourceful lot. To suggest they don't dope is interesting, from Norway?

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
sadfitty said:
Please don't embarrass yourself with arguments like this. Nationality doesn't prove anything. Lets look at some of the top norwegian cyclist of all time:
Knut Knudsen-doped
Jostein Wilman-doped
Dag Erik Pedersen-doped
Atle Pedersen-doped
Dag Otto Lauritzen-probably doped
Kurt Asle Arvesen-probably doped
Thor Hushovd-most likely clean

14,2 % clean?. I hope EBH is clean, but being norwegian isn't proof.

And yes, norwegian forums sucks. They're basically flooded with people who still believe hwsnbn is clean...

I agree with you on one thing, some of the "old" riders were possibly doped as everyone else, the new generation, I still don't think so. See my arguments in the previous post.

Again, I'm new in here and don't know the "codes" yet, hwsnbn, what's that?

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Well we are moving way off topic here, but as a Norwegian I am pretty convinced that some of our Cross Country skiers have used doping, even if they haven't been caught.

When we are speaking of Edvald I am quite sure he is clean, and he is amazing :)

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
There is no accepted test for using your own packed cells. Also, cheaters are a pretty resourceful lot. To suggest they don't dope is interesting, from Norway?

If history has taught us something, it is that doping in most cases is organized, it's rare one athlete can do it alone - especially without beeing caught. What we see today in cycling is that the riders actually DO get caught - mostly due to much better tests. It is also very often the "older" riders, who has been used to the times when you could do it without fear of being caught, that still do it.

Just one more story to illustrate the strict norwegian anti-doping rules, in cross-country skiing, a few years ago (the times of Bjorn Dahlie) there were several so called "high air houses" available, with rooms that simulated the effect of staying in high altitudes. Nothing against the rules, it is a "natural" way of getting high blood counts, but still the norwegian sports council banned them because they thought that is was in a "grey" area because it was simulated high altitude. As an effect, the whole team now has to travel to the alps to get the benefits of high altitudes. Much more unconvenient for the athlets, and much, much more expensive, but still they have decided to do it like that. Should a country that imposes such strict rules in the secret do other types of doping? No way.

TRENDING THREADS