• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 127 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have no heard anything specifc about him that suggest he is a not a nice guy, but one get the impression from interviews that he is not a friendly extraverted type.

Anders Mielke has had some very unpleasant experiences with him and Matti Breschel also lets on that he's difficult to work with even if he - as he shouldn't because he's his director - doesn't give details (as far as I've seen).

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Vuelta startlist

EF says their team goal is Carapaz in red.

I prefer that to stage hunting.
I was all for stage hunting at the Tour as a podium place did not seem realistic to me. At the Vuelta, I think there is a very realistic chance Carapaz ends up on the final podium, and could even win if he is in good shape and Roglic is not.

All to say, I agree that GC should be the focus here, and they have brought a solid team for that.

Almost two years in to his three year contract, I don’t know that the return on investment for what EF paid for Carapaz has been worth it, but he is certainly fun to watch.

I’m not sure catching Yates was ever his objectives today. I think his objective was to make up some time in GC, and he’s done that quite well. A podium is a realistic goal now. Didn’t think it was possible 24 hours ago, so chapeau to Carapaz and the team.

Last edited:
Somehow I missed that.
I missed that too. Bettiol was flying this year but was probably a bit burned out by the time the Tour arrived. Hopefully Healy and Powless can step up next year (and if the Asgreen rumors are true, him too...)

I think Bettiol might have been on a pretty big contract, though.

Looking at the unsigned list above, I would say that's a whole lot of "meh" results from riders who have been decent to quite good in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
With 18 WT teams at 30 riders each that's 540 riders.
Throw in the top two continental teams and that's a total of 600 riders

I know the PCS rankings can't tell the whole story and small differences are meaningless, but zooming out I think they give decent indication.

So if a rider is ranked lower than 600 you really have to start wondering about their place in the professional peloton, or at least in the World Tour.