• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Cannondale Pro Cycling

I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't asked to wait for Uran. He didn't take a single pull as he came back to Uran's group. There was an acceleration in the frount group and a small split occured. Dombrowski tried to bridge it himself but he didn't manage it, cooked himself, started looking around for help, saw other riders accelerating and jumping across but didn't have it in him to follow them, then was left alone and he is too poor on flat to save himself in situation like this.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Anderis said:
I think it was pretty obvious he wasn't asked to wait for Uran. He didn't take a single pull as he came back to Uran's group. There was an acceleration in the frount group and a small split occured. Dombrowski tried to bridge it himself but he didn't manage it, cooked himself, started looking around for help, saw other riders accelerating and jumping across but didn't have it in him to follow them, then was left alone and he is too poor on flat to save himself in situation like this.
Yeah, Joe was really mad about the whole situation
https://www.facebook.com/Cyclinghub1/videos/1763126500587626/

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I lost 800 DKK on Dombro today finishing ahead of Visconti. I think I know what it feels like to be a Garmin-fan now. Sure money down the drain, Joeeeeeee
Joe may have broken your bank account, but Cannondale's breaking our heart every day. :p

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Mayomaniac said:
CheckMyPecs said:
If he's in this shape they should take him to Río.
Stupid question, how many spots are there on the US team?
Sorry, I was referring to Moser.
Ok, my bad.
It's going to be hard for Moser.
Nibali, Aru and Rosa are a given, all the others will have to fight for the 2 remaining spots. Ulissi will probably get one (Cassani always had a soft spot for him), so guys like Moser, Brambilla, De Marchi, Pozzovivo will fight for the final spot.
Brambilla is a teamplayer and is having a great season, so he'll probably take the final spot, but that's just me speculating.

Anderis said:
I'm sure they'll be throwing riders to breaks left right and centre during the next 2 days. Hopefully with more luck than recently.

Dombrowski and Cardoso should try on Saturday. There will be no flat before the first climb.

I'm fearful they will use and abuse everyone to try and get a stage win for Uran.

Mayomaniac said:
Ok, my bad.
It's going to be hard for Moser.
Nibali, Aru and Rosa are a given, all the others will have to fight for the 2 remaining spots. Ulissi will probably get one (Cassani always had a soft spot for him), so guys like Moser, Brambilla, De Marchi, Pozzovivo will fight for the final spot.
Brambilla is a teamplayer and is having a great season, so he'll probably take the final spot, but that's just me speculating.
I'd have someone who can pull on the flat if needed. Brambilla doesn't really fit the role.
Felline would have been the right guy, but with his recent crash and injury it's unlikely he'll be in shape for Rio. Maybe Trentin?

Moser will likely ride the ITT.

SafeBet said:
Moser will likely ride the ITT.
Isn't there a rule that ITT participants have to start in a Road Race as well?

Moviefan1203 said:
I'm fearful they will use and abuse everyone to try and get a stage win for Uran.
I'm afraid it's possible. Sometimes Cannondale takes too much work on themselves while others just sit up and save themselves. Good example was today, when Navardauskas was pulling the group almost alone depiste the fact there were other teams with 2 riders. The result was that Etixx had 2 fresh riders for the final climbs. I sometimes wish Cannondale were using their numbers smarter.

Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
Urán up to 8th overall.
He's brought following wheels to another level. I like him as a person (for what I know of him), I like him in one day races, but in GTs he's become really overrated and this Giro is the confirmation. He said he wants to win a stage and tomorrow is his last chance. Let's see what is he going to do tomorrow.

At some point of today's stage I thought that Cannondale would have now a good chance of winning team classification as Astana went full for Nibali, but in the end, Scarponi and Fuglsang finished quite a bit higher on today's stage than what I hoped for.

Cannondale now needs a breakaway with at least 2 good climbers from them to gain significant advantage on tomorrow's stage if they want to win this. Given how close it is in GC and how tomorrow's stage is up and down without flat, I don't think it's going to happen.

Nice effort from Simon Clarke today! To finish that high on this kind of stage for rider of his type is a good achievement that could possibly play a role in what the team's classification could be going to look like, as Formolo, Dombrowski, Brown and Moser all lost a lot of time today.

Uran 8th and Cardoso 16th overall is quite a bit better than I would have expected few stages ago. If only Moser won yesterday's stage, I would have said that they kinda saved this Giro for them in the last couple of stages...

TRENDING THREADS