• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders EF Pro Cycling

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Anderis said:
It's the first time I'm hearing this name. Can anyone shed some iight on what can we expect from him?
Cardona was one of the biggest Colombian talents of his generation a few years back. It was either him, or Javier Montoya. For instance, they were both on the 2014 Junior track squad that went on to win the silver in the team pursuit in the world championships in Gwangmyeong. In 2015 they went head to head in Porvenir (Vuelta a Colombia U19) with Cardona winning and Montoya taking 2nd, 5 seconds apart. They did so finishing ahead of Adrian Bustamante, who is probably Colombia's only hope in this years U23 generation and Ivan Sosa, who is a pro with Androni.

That's were their progression somewhat came to a halt. Cardona is this years national U23 champion in the time trial though, again, ahead of Montoya. The fact that they are both riding for Inder (formerly EPM) doesn't bode all too well.

Re:

DNP-Old said:
Vaughters signing riders from EPM reeks of desperation to me. Either that, or he is completely clueless.
They are cheap and not bad riders. I always thought about it in the past. Why people do not venture with more Colombian riders. They are not expensive and they are decent riders. A problem was probably having to deal with the long trips and place of training. But since their number one rider lives in Antioquia, maybe is not a bad idea to have another rider(s) from the region. Just like Sky or Movistar did. My 2 cents.

Re: Cannondale-Drapac

So BMC confirmed Dennis, Teuns, Roche and Kung- there goes my hope for at least one (relatively) big signing. I don't think there are any more difference-making riders available on the market so from now it will certainly be only rounding up of the roster. 21 riders more or less confirmed, so at least 2 more will be added. Maybe not many more considering that Giant and BMC have settled for 24.

Breschel is one more signing that fits the recent trend- experienced rider who can ride cobbles and has a good finish. I can see the possibility that EF will no longer have the youngest average age among WT teams. Especially if the rumours about Dani Moreno come true.

A lot of riders on 1-year deals. If I were Vaughters, I would do the same. I guess EF will be active on transfer market next year. They need some good signigs because the depth of the team has taken a hit. Modolo and Daniel Martinez are good signings but the rest is not a match for Formolo, Bettiol, Slagter, Talansky, Van Baarle etc. IMO.

Re:

Escarabajo said:
Who do they have that are good TT'ers for the TTT at the Tour?

Just curious!
They are going to lose a lot of time.

No extraordinary TT-ists in the roster, just some (and not many) solid ones like Phinney, Langeveld and Craddock (if he's back to any reasonable form). I wonder if they are going to reconsider their 2018 plans because of that and send Uran to the Giro instead.

Re:

Leinster said:
Garmin won the TTT in 2011. They finished 7th, at 0.17, in 2013. Then outside the top 10 at 1.29 in 2015. What's up with the steady decline?

The 2013 team had Millar, Hesjedal, Navardauskas, Rohan Dennis and Jack Bauer. Nobody like that in the current lineup.
There was a switch of focus within the team around 2014. As the old core of the team with riders like Millar, Zabriskie, Vande Velde and Farrar declined, they've sacrificed their rolling-TT power in favor of climbing and hilly terrain. Back in the day they were really lacking climbing depth and often sending only 2-3 guys who were any use on a climb to any GT.
Also being gradually more and more outspent by other teams financially started to make it harder to keep up.

Btw. The kit for next year will be revealed next week.

Re: Cannondale-Drapac

22814403_932865150214722_2564178604245734491_n.jpg