Effects of coronavirus on professional races

Page 98 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sporting events have been held for the last 12 months following COVID protocols - These events would not happen if there are too many issues - Martinez is a false positive - He got infected after the Giro but you can still test positive for three months - In many cases a Martinez case has been given the all clear.
These events would still happen if there's enough money involved. Actually they did.

Sporting events have been held for the last 12 months following COVID protocols - These events would not happen if there are too many issues - Martinez is a false positive - He got infected after the Giro but you can still test positive for three months - In many cases a Martinez case has been given the all clear.
I didn't know that. What a bummer to keep testing positive for a fall positive.

Re sporting events - this is true but none of them are on this scale - we're talking about 10s of thousands of people, including corporate sponsors, etc, being involved, and many are traveling on planes with regular travelers whose covid situation is out of their control. I think there's about 90,000 people coming, of course some will be flying in on their private jets, but many are on regular commercial flights. Someone Japanese who was on the same flight as the South African soccer team but had no relation to them tested positive and now they all have to isolate. I think a few of them may also have since tested positive.

The corporate people and their staff aren't supposed to mingle with Japanese residents but some (many?) will anyway. Even if just to go to a convenience store to buy something for instance, or sneak into a souvenir shop or go for a nice dinner somewhere. Not to mention unvaccinated local olympic helpers, etc...

Seeing how easily delta seems to spread, watching the rising numbers of people living here and knowing how unlocked-down our so-called State of Emergency is and how inept our gvt has been in handling things, (not to mention the IOC) and now seeing Olympic-related infections before most people have even arrived, I and many other residents do tend to react with cynicism. Hopefully you are correct, but at this point I can't see it. I'll be most happy if I'm later proved wrong! Hell, I'd buy you a beer one day if you can tell me later I was wrong!

ASK THE COMMUNITY