• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

End Professional Cycling

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Pro Cycling is the cleanest dirty pro sport. Just have a look at the NFL for comparison, then you guys would start to come to appreciate the (at least) little steps cycling has taken.

So, i am looking forward a great season where races are (most of time) not scripted, refs can´t have any shady influence, and there are no more needle filled locker rooms, and no neanderthals on bikes.

I have some trust in the new guys like TJVG, Talansky, Stetina, Pinot, etc. I have some trust in anti doping agencys (at least there is something like that, which is completely missing in other pro sports)

Relax, enjoy the great rides...

:)

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
ramjambunath said:
You protest much about doping... hence you're a doper?

He's definitely not BPC. I don't know who BPC is and CGAF, but Elephant man had an earlier ID here from 2009/10 maybe and he deleted it. And he's no Armstrong supporter either.

Thank you ram, much appreciated, your support has brought tears to my eyes. I wish I was still on velorooms with you guys, it is a far superior place to this one and I really miss the place. However I did things I should not have done and I fully deserve the permanent ban I received. I am really ashamed of some of the things I did over there. I will say, the little it matters, sorry for all the wrong things I did over there.
My wish on this place is to be no trouble to the moderators. I managed it for quite a while when I first started posting on here and hope to do so again.

Well this has really taken the thread off topic, sorry.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
I will await the independent confirmation that you aren't BPC. Odd for someone who only signed up less that 6 months ago to have such knowledge of someone who has been banned for such a long time.

The lady protest too much.

I hope the post by ram has reduced your suspicions of me being BPC.

As ram says I used to post here under a different username. It was LukeSchmid.

When I started posting here I made it quite clear in my signature that I used to post here as LukeSchmid.

My twitter is @lukeschmid
mew is actually one of my 21 twitter followers which makes her post rather funny in a way.

So your instincts that I was not a new poster where completely correct, so I am not really annoyed at you at all, you just picked the wrong person. Lets just forget about your error and move on.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Pro Cycling is the cleanest dirty pro sport. Just have a look at the NFL for comparison, then you guys would start to come to appreciate the (at least) little steps cycling has taken.

So, i am looking forward a great season where races are (most of time) not scripted, refs can´t have any shady influence, and there are no more needle filled locker rooms, and no neanderthals on bikes.

I have some trust in the new guys like TJVG, Talansky, Stetina, Pinot, etc. I have some trust in anti doping agencys (at least there is something like that, which is completely missing in other pro sports)

Relax, enjoy the great rides...

:)

Maybe you are right and I erred in my frustration at the sport.

I am very concerned when I look at teams at see people like Vino, Ekimov, Riis, Stephens and to a lesser extent Vaughters involved in teams. However if you removed all those that are linked with doping from teams then there is not much expertise left to run teams.
For example, although Riis obviously has a doping past as a rider and almost certainly as a team manager he probably is a very good team manager in other ways. To remove Riis from cycling, which I think is the right thing to do, you remove a good manager as well.
If the doping past is removed cycling who runs it?
End professional cycling for a while, remove the dopers and then build it again from an amateur sport.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
blackcat said:
arbiter, polish,bpc, had a type of schema when he had a few words, verb - noun - adverb, or something like that, and haiku syllables.

obviously polish and arbiter were handles that were exceptions to the rule, but they quickly manifested the true owner.

mad elephant man, fits with the appellations BPC has give himself.

I am sorry I posted in a way that reminded you of BPC, it was not my intention to bring back bad memories.

Caruut said:
I call BS. No-one with this attitude towards the sport would have had reservations in the first place.

What an inane post. How would you know? I think you read to many tarot cards a fine source of intellectual data.

Since the TDF was going to Alpe d'Huez this year I booked a flight to Grenoble and a hotel room in Bourg d'Oisons. Now that EVERY pro cycling race is suspect because of the prevarication from everyone invloved in the "sport" (and I use the term lightly) I cancelled.

What a tool you are! You are simply afraid to admit the obvious - pro cycling is a bust. And if you want to go to the TDF to fawn over cheats, liars, prevaricators etc be my guest. That is what most of America did with Lance Armstrong and look where that got pro cycling.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
RobbieCanuck said:
What an inane post. How would you know? I think you read to many tarot cards a fine source of intellectual data.

Since the TDF was going to Alpe d'Huez this year I booked a flight to Grenoble and a hotel room in Bourg d'Oisons. Now that EVERY pro cycling race is suspect because of the prevarication from everyone invloved in the "sport" (and I use the term lightly) I cancelled.

What a tool you are! You are simply afraid to admit the obvious - pro cycling is a bust. And if you want to go to the TDF to fawn over cheats, liars, prevaricators etc be my guest. That is what most of America did with Lance Armstrong and look where that got pro cycling.

Caruut, I hope you give Robbie an apology. To call him a liar based on nothing is totally unfair.

ultimobici said:
So you're going to tar every man, woman & child that races with the same brush? Way to go!

I agree that just pointing fingers at other sports alone is diversionary. However if you apply your logic, you're never going to watch any sport at all. No ice hockey, no lacrosse, no football, no soccer, no golf, no whatever. Because the only difference between every sport is the amount of money available to keep scandal away. Cycling has a problem with cheating, but its lack of real financial clout means it cannot keep a lid on it or manage the narrative. By contrast, athletics has a shed load of cash at its disposal so your countryman pi$$ing on the rules in 88 and countless other positives from nations all over the world it still carries on. Operation Puerto seems to have been all about cycling, yet there were supposedly 200 clients, of whom less than a quarter were cyclists. That begs the question who the hell were the others? Real Madrid & Barcelona were mentioned.

Sure cycling must get its house in order, but the sport and its fans have every right to demand that every other sport is held to the same standard.

You know you stike me as someone who cannot accept responsibility for themselves and points fingers at everyone else to justify their own problems.

By the way there are a mountain of suspensions in North America for doping in amateur races, so yeah every man, woman and child in cycle racing is tarred. That is exactly how bad the culture in cycling is. And you are part of the problem.

In addition after Ben Johnson got tripped up in Seoul in 1988, at least Canada had the guts to convene a judicial inquiry into doping in sport in Canada. A judicial inquiry in Canada is one with teeth, where any witness can be subpoened and required to testify and the government has an obligation to implement changes as recommended. This was not some bogus UCI "we will look into the matter" BS favoured by Pat McQuaid.

The Dubin inquiry was a far reaching, extremely thorough inquiry headed by one of Canada's top litigation lawyers and later judge Charles Dubin. I challenge you to read the report.

Mad Elephant Man said:
Professional Cycling has proven itself to be totally dope ridden and corrupt.

Professional Cycling should stop, there should be no more races.

Perhaps in a decade or two it should come back.

Until then no more races.
The best cyclist in the world, Contador, makes about 3 million euros a year. The best football player, Messi, makes about 33 million. Now you go and guess which sport is more corrupt.

Although it may not seem that way, the UCI is a relatively 'transparent' organisation.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
theyoungest said:
The best cyclist in the world, Contador, makes about 3 million euros a year. The best football player, Messi, makes about 33 million. Now you go and guess which sport is more corrupt.

Although it may not seem that way, the UCI is a relatively 'transparent' organisation.

Cycling?

Okay you are probably right but still just because another sport might be more corrupt does not mean cycling should not take every step needed to clean up the sport.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
It would be good if some people admit they were wrong about me

Thank you
BPC

Not really hahahahaha
Dr Horrible the Mad Elephant Man
Also known as lukeschmid, climbeverymountain, CEM on here or the best cycling forum on the internet http://www.velorooms.com

EDIT: I still do wonder if the elephants ever returned to velorooms, they were fun, had a great chat with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.