• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eneco Tour 2012 Stage 7

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
profile07.pdf

Can't upload the profile for some reason.

Anyway the only question that remains is "can Contador also dance on the muur?"

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
profile07.pdf

Can't upload the profile for some reason.

Anyway the only question that remains is "can Contador also dance on the muur?"

He probably could, but shouldn´t, it´s way to risky, small roads, it´s gonna be a battle he don´t need to do. His battleground is the Vuelta.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Fidolix said:
He probably could, but shouldn´t, it´s way to risky, small roads, it´s gonna be a battle he don´t need to do. His battleground is the Vuelta.

He won't be able to resist, this is Contador. If he can win he'll try, even if there's a vuelta next week.

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
What was a joke in June, Contador challenging the win of Eneco in the muur, now is a serious bet

Eneco jersey
A0BxiRACIAAzgrh.jpg

From what I know Tuft can't cope with the Muur, so Boom and Chavanel are the favourites.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
What are Boom's credentials on a RVVesque stage?

He got 5th in E3 once right? Does that count as RVVesque? :D

Well there's still Chavanel, Terpstra and Langeveld above Conty, who all definitely have RVV credentials.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Boonen making the selection with Chavanel at his wheel, and the frenchman to take the overall.
I don't think Contador will be there, on the muur more powerfull riders should have an advantage on him; maybe he can try something for the fans on a non-cobbled climb but he won't have a serious chance for the stage.

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Forunculo said:
From what I know Tuft can't cope with the Muur, so Boom and Chavanel are the favourites.

Tuft did fairly well in Quebec City last year and the climbs are similar to the Muur in lenght and gradiant. I think that if he gives all he has, he can be around 10-20 seconds behind Boom and Chavanel at the top.

But he'll need to be in a great day.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Peccio89 said:
Boonen making the selection with Chavanel at his wheel, and the frenchman to take the overall.
I don't think Contador will be there, on the muur more powerfull riders should have an advantage on him; maybe he can try something for the fans on a non-cobbled climb but he won't have a serious chance for the stage.

Sometimes Alberto can't help himself. I don't think he needs to be there at all with the Vuelta coming up but you never know.

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
Forunculo said:
What was a joke in June, Contador challenging the win of Eneco in the muur, now is a serious bet

Eneco jersey
A0BxiRACIAAzgrh.jpg

Agreed, old Sven is a tractor, but I don't think he'll appreciate the hilly bits too much, I'd go Chavanel myself ..

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
richwagmn said:
Sometimes Alberto can't help himself. I don't think he needs to be there at all with the Vuelta coming up but you never know.

He can never help himself, that's just the kinda guy he is and that's why I like him so much.

I'm still wondering if he can stay on his peddles while climbing the muur lol

TRENDING THREADS