• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Equipe FDJ - Official Thread

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Seems some of these French guys speak English a lot better than the general assumption, or that they show in public.
Makes sense, really. A guy like Gaudu might speak English well enough for a team briefing - where he can ask for clarification if he doesn't quite understand - but not feel confident enough to speak English in a live-interview.
English speaking classes have become quite common among French (WorldTour) teams. FDJ does it, and AG2R has all their devo and junior riders come to online classes every Monday evening. Do not know whether it works vice versa with foreign riders having to learn French, though.

It isn't yet on the level where an individual can eloquently explain the Pythagorean theorem, but Bisiaux and others are quite comfortable doing interviews in English.

English speaking classes have become quite common among French (WorldTour) teams. FDJ does it, and AG2R has all their devo and junior riders come to online classes every Monday evening. Do not know whether it works vice versa with foreign riders having to learn French, though.

I think Warbasse took French when he first joined Ag2R.
Though, I don't know if it was required, or he just thought it would be kinda useful.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'm pretty sure foreign riders joining their devo team are given the opportunity to learn French with online classes. I remember Lorenzo Germani talk about it.
Not sure it's the same for the WT team.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Random question; how many time have one of their riders held the leader's jersey in a WT stage race in the last 10 years?

2024 PN - Laurence Pithie
2023 Vuelta - Lenny Martinez
2023 Giro - Bruno Armirail
2022 Vuelta - Rudy Molard
2021 Benelux - Stefan Küng
2021 Suisse - Stefan Küng
2021 Giro - Attila Valter
2018 Vuelta - Rudy Molard
2018 PN - Arnaud Demare
2017 PN - Arnaud Demare
2015 Suisse - Thibaut Pinot
2014 PN - Nacer Bouhanni

Notice something? Only once - in the 2015 TdS - has it been one of their main GC guys.