• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Error: 502 Bad Gateway

I did not see if someone already commented about this or this is the right subsection but what started happening recently is I have been getting 502 Bad Gateway on some forum thread conversations. I used to get it if it was late at night or something big happened and the forum crashed but now it is happening on half the threada but not the others. I refresh my webpage and try again but still does not work. Some of the threads that this pops up on work if I click on the first page of the OP but the error comes up if I say go to most recent. I have tried to see if it works on multiple web browers on my phone and they all come up with the same issue.

Any help will be appreciated, especially because I can no longer read the race or stage threads. :(

Thanks

Happens to me quite frequently. Only when I'm not logged in, and only newer threads/older threads that have been dormant for a while before being resurrected.
(At first it was only when I was on my desktop, now it's also on my phone.)

And for an added bit of irony I got the "Bad Gateway" message when trying to read this thread without being logged in.

Re:

RedheadDane said:
Happens to me quite frequently. Only when I'm not logged in, and only newer threads/older threads that have been dormant for a while before being resurrected.
(At first it was only when I was on my desktop, now it's also on my phone.)

And for an added bit of irony I got the "Bad Gateway" message when trying to read this thread without being logged in.

Same thing happened to me and I thought I got locked out of my own thread.

I don't think I've had that, but a large proportion of my posts don't go through first time, giving a message "The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again." Not a major issue, as it always goes OK the second time, but I do wonder what it is about and whether others get it.

I was just coming in to say that it seems fixed and to thank whoever pressed the magic button, and I got 502ed again.

It would be handy if the thread could be retitled: if there are enough tabs open for the tab to be incomplete, the tab for this thread is exactly the same as it is when there is a 502 error.

TRENDING THREADS