• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Error: 502 Bad Gateway

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Still happening after all this time, I doubt they're doing anything to fix it honestly. Saying and doing are two different things.

Basically the only "improvement" so fat I've noticed today is that they've added popup ads that popup below the screen on every forum. Good job eh.

And now adding insult to inconvenience with additional pop-up ads at the bottom the screen.

You won't sell much advertising on the forum if you drive all the users away by failing to make it work.

And agree totally with LS (it looked for a little while to be getting better, but now worse than ever), Googolplex (it does not appear to be about logging in) and Lequack (after this amount of time, it looks like neglect rather than inability to resolve).

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
And now adding insult to inconvenience with additional pop-up ads at the bottom the screen.

You won't sell much advertising on the forum if you drive all the users away by failing to make it work.

And agree totally with LS (it looked for a little while to be getting better, but now worse than ever), Googolplex (it does not appear to be about logging in) and Lequack (after this amount of time, it looks like neglect rather than inability to resolve).

It's really, really annoying. Especially on the reply page.

There seems to be an ad that has been piggy backed into the others - it's a fake survey type scam and the only way to get rid of it is to close the web browser (Firefox) in my case. By blocking all ads, tracking cookies etc - that is rejecting all options when The Future pop-up appears - it seems to disappear together with the other pop-ups - sorry! no ad money!

Edit - I've now cranked up the security setting on Firefox to max to see what happens. No ads so far.

Re:

nevele neves said:
firefox is not nearly as good as it once was. Hard to trust them or any of the browsers these days.

Why I don't use Google's Chrome - in Friday's Wash Post -
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...tware-its-time-switch/?utm_term=.239bfb274db3
You open your browser to look at the Web. Do you know who is looking back at you?

Over a recent week of Web surfing, I peered under the hood of Google Chrome and found it brought along a few thousand friends. Shopping, news and even government sites quietly tagged my browser to let ad and data companies ride shotgun while I clicked around the Web.

This was made possible by the Web’s biggest snoop of all: Google. Seen from the inside, its Chrome browser looks a lot like surveillance software.

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
I'm happily surprised so far into the tour and still no blocking - for me
Anyone getting this improvement?
If so
it could be we can get by without a brand new forum.

For me the problems have stopped over recent weeks and I’ve had no trouble. Hopefully the next few weeks carry on that way before the upgrade as the old forum has its last hurrah.

TRENDING THREADS