• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Euro 2016

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
For all his cockiness, Cristiano Ronaldo ain't no alpha male. A real one would never lose his dignity by crying like a little girl on the grass after a foul.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
how did the ref not see payet's foul on ronaldo?
for all ronaldo's faults, it would be a graet pity if he just got kicked out of the game.
it looked bad. right on the knee.

also, it seems like a bad idea to try and get Pepe fit for this match.
Portugal was solid at the back against wales.

and really, what is Giroud doing in the starting line up?
Everytime Gignac was on he looked better than Giroud.
Would also love to see Martial.

Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
For all his cockiness, Cristiano Ronaldo ain't no alpha male. A real one would never lose his dignity by crying like a little girl on the grass after a foul.

common-sense-have-none-you-do-not.png

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Just to make it 100% clear, my previous post was in response to an earlier foul that left Ronaldo unhurt —not the hard tackle that injured him. Still, the tears were unnecessary.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
and there we have it. This final is pretty much over. The most interesting player is out.

That was clear from the replay btw. It looked really bad.

is Quaresma really the best they have to substitute ronaldo?
That's a massive loss in quality for Portugal.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Flamin said:
This doesn't have to be such a bad thing for Portugal. Other players who are usually in the shadow, may step up. It wouldn't be the first time for this to happen.
like who? Quaresma? lol.
Nani looked razor sharp next to Ronaldo.
Now Nani is gonna be their playmaker/target man? Dont think he can handle that.

This is a big loss for Portugal.

Re: Re:

sniper said:
Flamin said:
This doesn't have to be such a bad thing for Portugal. Other players who are usually in the shadow, may step up. It wouldn't be the first time for this to happen.
like who? Quaresma? lol.
Nani looked razor sharp next to Ronaldo.
Now Nani is gonna be their playmaker/target man? Dont think he can handle that.

This is a big loss for Portugal.

Doesn't matter who. Ronaldo is the star, other players play in his service. Now they don't have to anymore and they can play more freely. Simple.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
this is now officially the worst and most boring game of the tournament, probably the worst final of a EC/WC i've ever seen.
which is going to make this officially the worst EC ever.

Re:

sniper said:
and there we have it. This final is pretty much over. The most interesting player is out.

That was clear from the replay btw. It looked really bad.

is Quaresma really the best they have to substitute ronaldo?
That's a massive loss in quality for Portugal.

No. Rafa is really good, but Santos is a moron and keeps relying on a guy who needs to dribble every time he takes a piss, drinks a beer, pass the ball, etc.

I don't know what's more disgraceful, the ref not even seeing that or the french booing Ronaldo as he was assisted by the medical team. Not even some cheering as he left the pitch. Utter disgust.

And Flamin, no, other players don't play in Ronaldo's service. That's a myth propagated by the media which has no back up whatsoever in the game.

And CMP, I expected better from you man. Why should he not cry? What's with this rubbish that men don't or shouldn't cry? He was taken out of the final 20 minutes in because of a foul that wasn't even called. Any sensible human being would break down in tears if they were suddenly stripped of such an important moment in their lives as this.

Gutted.

A shame European football doesn't have unlimited substitutions like American sports. There we see someone in Ronaldo's situation going into the locker room for 30 minutes, being pumped full of all kinds of drugs, then coming back on to be the heroe in the finale

Re:

BigMac said:
I don't know what's more disgraceful, the ref not even seeing that or the french booing Ronaldo as he was assisted by the medical team. Not even some cheering as he left the pitch. Utter disgust.

And Flamin, no, other players don't play in Ronaldo's service. That's a myth propagated by the media which has no back up whatsoever in the game.

And CMP, I expected better from you man. Why should he not cry? What's with this rubbish that men don't or shouldn't cry? He was taken out of the final 20 minutes in because of a foul that wasn't even called. Any sensible human being would break down in tears if they were suddenly stripped of such an important moment in their lives as this.

Gutted.

So you don't think others have to run more because Ronaldo only spends energy in attack? :eek:

Re: Re:

Flamin said:
BigMac said:

Gutted.

So you don't think others have to run more because Ronaldo only spends energy in attack? :eek:

Ronaldo only spends energy in attack? He's constantly at the back defending during corners and free-kicks and lots of times he starts the plays himself at our own area. I see why you think that Portugal play for Ronaldo - you're premise is based on a lie. ;)

Cheers.