• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

European Cycling Championships | Plouay (24-28 August)

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yeah but he can't compete with these boys in a sprint. Where was he supposed to go? What could he have done differently?

I disagree, he had to speed to overtake Nizzolo en Demare but his positioning needs work which is understandable, these other guys have been sprinting on the road for a longer period of time. He desperarately needed a leadout man.

Pretty pathetic racing by several countries. Nothing happened the last lap. Perfect for teams with top class sprinters.
The strongest teams were mostly the teams with the sprinters though. You could argue if Belgium should have tried more because Stuyven is not going to beat those guys but then Stuyven did try it with an attack too.

Also, I have read the name Ťoupalík the first time about 3 weeks ago at the Czech Cycling Tour and he performs strong ever since. I guess he is a candidate for going full-pro.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Clipboard.gif

NTT Jersey designers: Okay! Time to get working.
Unless, of course, they were smart enough to realise that he was among the favourites - and doing the Tour - and therefor pre-designed a jersey.

Though, imagine if Demare had won; he's doing Poitou-Charentes, which starts tomorrow. Then again; same as above - regarding being a favourite a pre-designed the jersey - can probably be said about Demare.

The strongest teams were mostly the teams with the sprinters though. You could argue if Belgium should have tried more because Stuyven is not going to beat those guys but then Stuyven did try it with an attack too.

Also, I have read the name Ťoupalík the first time about 3 weeks ago at the Czech Cycling Tour and he performs strong ever since. I guess he is a candidate for going full-pro.
GvA then. Close down VdP once, don't cooperate, then do nothing anymore

Reactions: ppanther92
Whether you like him or not, Cassani has been doing a great job with the Italian teams, working with what he has, making his riders stick to the plan and ride as one.
Cassani only made bad calls when he selected the team for the 2014 WC, other than that he has been great.
Happy for Nizzolo, a shame that we won't see a proper Italian NC jersey all year long. At the Tour he could actually win one of the hillier sprint stages for team NTR

He looked the strongest in terms of pure speed but I don't know what gap he was trying to hit between Nizzolo and Demare at the finish. He's lucky he didn't cause a pileup
The one who almost caused the pileup was Nizzolo himself. He definitely did not hold his line and put into danger both VdPoel and also Demare. I thought exactly this kind of sprinting was going to be punished but yet again, it is obviously allowed until someone crashes (oh, wait, when was the last crash?). Really, I would not mind DQing Nizzolo for that final swerve if we are going to pretend we care for safety...

Front view of the sprint:
View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1298624712218640384

NTT Jersey designers: Okay! Time to get working.
Unless, of course, they were smart enough to realise that he was among the favourites - and doing the Tour - and therefor pre-designed a jersey.

Though, imagine if Demare had won; he's doing Poitou-Charentes, which starts tomorrow. Then again; same as above - regarding being a favourite a pre-designed the jersey - can probably be said about Demare.
That was exactly my thought: the NTT tailor/seamstress holding Nizzolo’s just-completed National jersey watching today’s race, looking down at the jersey in their hands and saying, “oh sh$t; well, back to the drawing board“

That was exactly my thought: the NTT tailor/seamstress holding Nizzolo’s just-completed National jersey watching today’s race, looking down at the jersey in their hands and saying, “oh sh$t; well, back to the drawing board“

Might also explain why Van Der Breggen didn't have a Dutch jersey for yesterday's GP de Plouay. The Boels-Dolmans tailor just deciding that; "She's probably gone win the European Championship anyway! Not going through with this."

• Haha

TRENDING THREADS