• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Eurosport commentary

Page 271 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kirby was supposed to be joined by Brian Smith though he seems to have been double booked by something or other. For the record I am well aware 4 Jours... is a six day event! 🤣 I have been logging the commentators of every race since 2012 and that tediously means watching every broadcast stage in case there is a swapover somewhere - Tour of Turkey this year an example.

Kirby was supposed to be joined by Brian Smith though he seems to have been double booked by something or other. For the record I am well aware 4 Jours... is a six day event! 🤣 I have been logging the commentators of every race since 2012 and that tediously means watching every broadcast stage in case there is a swapover somewhere - Tour of Turkey this year an example.

Appreciate the work you do. But still, it really bothers me about the name of the race when it hasn't been 4 stages for a long time. Just someone bloody call it "6 Days of Dunkirk".

Reactions: argyllflyer
I cannot help but be reminded of this Fast Show fella, C Hunt, when i have to watch/listen to A Blyth incessantly goofing & affectating like a top-bantz lad..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd44jz-f1I0
Pairing Blythe and Rowe is the worst idea in commentary history. They're OK on their own (I'm one of the few who don't really mind Blythe too much), but when together the banter reaches unbearable levels.

Reactions: Sandisfan
just awful annoying coverage today.

rowe and blythe just annoying bro idiots
constant cut aways to split screen to drop incredibly useless information
cant even show all the GC riders finish the stage before cutting away to the useless roundtable discussion
rob hatch "THIS IS AMAZING" "REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE" on one of the most boring grand tours ive ever seen. also did you know Quintana won the Giro 10 years ago???

..and did i ever mention

The...... weird.
Unfluentstaccat-----ohhhhhhh........
deliveryof..................
Hannahbloodywalker?

it doesnt get any better.

Is she the producer's girlfriend? How on earth did she get the plum job of on site reporting? Most of the time she looks like a rabbit caught in headlighjts. That voice could curdle milk.
I don't know of where she was brought up but it almost seems like she was brought up in an area like wales and was brought up speaking Welsh with a thick original accent and she has trouble with regular standard English and when she starts her segments it like she has trouble to spit out the words in English at first which smooths out with a few other bouts as she spits out the English words later in her segments.

Dunno just sounds like that to me.

I don't know of where she was brought up but it almost seems like she was brought up in an area like wales and was brought up speaking Welsh with a thick original accent and she has trouble with regular standard English and when she starts her segments it like she has trouble to spit out the words in English at first which smooths out with a few other bouts as she spits out the English words later in her segments.

Dunno just sounds like that to me.

I heard Hannah Walker's voice best described earlier in this thread.

It is like she has a really hot potato in her mouth.