• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Euskal Herriko Itzulia 2018 - April 2-7

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Brullnux said:
yaco said:
Doubt the strongest rider won today's stage - Can we please have a stage finish on an ascent.
Who cares if the strongest won? There was action for more than 30km, and anyway: it's a stage race - the strongest will win overall, and will always win in a TT. cycling isn't all about w/kg otherwise where would the fun be?

There is nothing wrong with having a stage finish on an ascent in a hilly stage race - Or at the very least if you have a descent finish make sure the final flat is 2 or 3 km - Seems strange to have have a final flat of 11 or 12kms - I made no reference to the ITT in my original post.
Why? Its impact is to extend any gaps present, and to add entertainment.

yaco said:
Brullnux said:
yaco said:
Doubt the strongest rider won today's stage - Can we please have a stage finish on an ascent.
Who cares if the strongest won? There was action for more than 30km, and anyway: it's a stage race - the strongest will win overall, and will always win in a TT. cycling isn't all about w/kg otherwise where would the fun be?

There is nothing wrong with having a stage finish on an ascent in a hilly stage race - Or at the very least if you have a descent finish make sure the final flat is 2 or 3 km - Seems strange to have have a final flat of 11 or 12kms - I made no reference to the ITT in my original post.

Tomorrow
f159563d-c7d3-4890-9904-62533eba6b7d.png

Tomorrow Movistar once again all-out on Ixua, we'll see is there any crack in Roglic's armor? This is the hardest stage by quite a margin, and If Landa smells blood nothing is impossible, but to be honest I doubt that Roglic will lose all of his advantage, although I do think he will lose some on Usartza.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
repre said:
My boy Mark Padun was great today. MK jersey will be a big step for him. He is a first ukrainian cycling hope in many years...
Also had a great time-trial yesterday, definitely can be good GC rider in the future.
Aye very impressive performance considering his age :)
Last year Padun and Riabushenko were the strongest riders in the Italian 23 scene and now both of them were impressive in this race.

Today Alaphilippe proved he's still not really a GC rider. Landa saved his race and proved he really needs to get better at time trials. Roglic looks like this is definitely his race to loose. Quintana looked very average today. Add me to the list of, it makes no sense to send Mas back to help Alaphilippe in this situation.

Re:

Koronin said:
Today Alaphilippe proved he's still not really a GC rider. Landa saved his race and proved he really needs to get better at time trials. Roglic looks like this is definitely his race to loose. Quintana looked very average today. Add me to the list of, it makes no sense to send Mas back to help Alaphilippe in this situation.[/quote]

It just shows that Alaphilippe was here for the GC all along...

TRENDING THREADS