• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Euskal Herriko Itzulia 2018 - April 2-7

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Gigs_98 said:
Alaphilippe really shouldn't have stopped his sprint when he saw he couldn't win. That just cost him 4 seconds.

From the front shot, it looks like Alaphilippe is watching McCarthy's bike going all over the place and is thinking, "Whoa, I don't want to be involved in a high speed crash for nothing." However the helicopter shot might paint a different picture.

DZ8ywAiWsAExPHk.jpg:large

Re: Re:

Akuryo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Kwiato sprints well this year but inconsistent in classics and climbing so far (Despite winning Tirreno and Algarve)

So same as every year? :surprised:
Except this year he's taken it to a whole new level: inconsistent within classics. Like at ronde, awful on kwaremont, strong on paterberg, ok on kopperberg, terrible again on kruisberg/kwaremont.

Brullnux said:
Akuryo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Kwiato sprints well this year but inconsistent in classics and climbing so far (Despite winning Tirreno and Algarve)

Except this year he's taken it to a whole new level: inconsistent within classics. Like at ronde, awful on kwaremont, strong on paterberg, ok on kopperberg, terrible again on kruisberg/kwaremont.

Kwaremont: long (for a Flemish climb) and gradual
Paterberg: short and steep
Koppenberg: rather short and steep
Kruisberg/Hotond: long and gradual

It isn't the first time Kwiatkowski explodes on the Kwaremont in the Ronde (2013, 2016).

And I don't find his climbing inconsistent this year (except the first days in basque country, but that's probably because he still had sore legs).

rghysens said:
Brullnux said:
Akuryo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Kwaremont: long (for a Flemish climb) and gradual
Paterberg: short and steep
Koppenberg: rather short and steep
Kruisberg/Hotond: long and gradual

It isn't the first time Kwiatkowski explodes on the Kwaremont in the Ronde (2013, 2016).

And I don't find his climbing inconsistent this year (except the first days in basque country, but that's probably because he still had sore legs).
yeah but kwiat is the guy who led for 10km of the izoard. I don't think he'd find the kwaremont 'long'. And it shouldn't be a power thing, he's a great TT-er and Nibali (less powerful) found kwaremont to be his strong point.

TRENDING THREADS