• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Evans vs Wiggins

All things considered who has had the more impressive career?

• Bradley Wiggins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
its like comparing apples to bannana's. if you look at track it's wiggins and if you look from a road perspective it's cadel. wiggins has proven himself as a gc rider once. i'm intersted to see how wiggo will go next year as he will have more of a target on his back.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
its like comparing apples to bannana's. if you look at track it's wiggins and if you look from a road perspective it's cadel. wiggins has proven himself as a gc rider once. i'm intersted to see how wiggo will go next year as he will have more of a target on his back.

you do realise us brits are taking copies of all your posts ready for next july dont you.. ;)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Unless he actually wins the tour next year, Wiggo would still have only proved himself a GC rider twice... Hold onto those posts for an extra year or two - THEN we'll see who will have had the best career. :)

A

Anonymous

Martin318is said:
Unless he actually wins the tour next year, Wiggo would still have only proved himself a GC rider twice... Hold onto those posts for an extra year or two - THEN we'll see who will have had the best career. :)

well at the moment they are level.. neither has won a grand tour.. :D

this is gonna run and run and run...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Bear in mind Wiggins, had a lot of things in his favour this time around, including a super TTT team and a willing helper in VdV. Something Cadel has never had, yet he's still churned out the results in GT's. As said previously, I'll like to see Wiggins repeat a top 5 result before I cast any judgements.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
well at the moment they are level.. neither has won a grand tour.. :D

this is gonna run and run and run...

Well actually I support both so I don't mind which way it goes. I was merely pointing out that waiting for one year won't give you a definitive answer. And you may argue that neither has won a GT, but do you REALLY believe that either ever will?

I'd suggest at the moment that coming within a minute of winning on two occasions is worth more than a 4th so Wiggo would need to win next year...

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Wiggins wears black socks. Which is the MOST AWFUL THING A CYCLIST CAN DO as well as skin-suits in road stages.:eek:

Space Cadel is from planet Bumchin and wont stop complaining till we send him home.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread really but in the 08 tour Wiggins flatted and then threw his wheel into a hedge. That kinda ****ed me off, you gotta respect your gear. I didnt like Miller or Ricco's bike chucks either.

...................so I vote for Cadel

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
I agree with 53*11, almost, but for me the clincher is those god-awful skin tight Garmin jerseys. If the UCI can ban skinsuits in women's DH why can't they do us a favour and ban them in Elite road events too.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Payo2000 said:
Is Bradley speculating about this? or does he know for sure? ...of course he doesn't actually say when AS will move.

NOt 2010, but 2011 perhaps?

Thanks for the article TheHog - worries me how much of a health hit the losing weight and tour has taken on his body ...

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Payo2000 said:
Is Bradley speculating about this? or does he know for sure? ...of course he doesn't actually say when AS will move.

That's the most stupid thing ever. why would AS ever ride for LA or radioshack? for Andy it's more important to win the Tour than getting paid 1 million. Right now at Saxo bank no one can yet challenge his leader position in the tour, and saxo is very strong - Cancellara, larson (andy could improve ITT learning from the best) and Kolobnev looks very good... with Astana breaking apart saxo bank should be up on top. Unless saxo bank ditches him next year, Andy should sit his *** tight. plus Andy is going nowhere without Frank, so there is some extra changes there...

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
why suddenly we're so interested in Wiggins? he was only placed fourth in the tour - the guy just cant climb! if he follows ok, he wasnt able to attack the leaders, and he did a loudsy ITT on annecy!

Wiggin will never win TDF...

A

Anonymous

Hands down, Cadel Evans.

Since it is near impossible to compare their track and mtb records, the only basis we have is on the road.

3 GT podiums (5 top fives), worn all leaders jerseys, world champion, tour stage win (after vino DSQ), 3xdauphine runner-up

despite all the cadel-bashers out there, if i woke up every day and looked at that palmares i'd be satisfied with switching from the dirt to the road.

I agree with the others though, twiggo is relatively new to the road so we'll have to wait and see, but as has been discussed in previous threads, a very defensive TDF this year, with a TTT kept him in it for a 4th place finish

TRENDING THREADS