• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Even though he basically looks like a cramp, doesn't Pello Bilbao deserve a thread?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the last couple of weeks when I see him, it always reminds me of this thread and I'm trying hard to see the resemblance to a cramp. But I can't see it. Help me. How does a cramp look like? It's been boggling my mind.

Anyway, yesterday (Stelvio) he was the biggest positive surprise of the GC riders for me. Impressive ride this Giro, especially after doing the Tour.

I just think he rides so weirdly with his shoulders drawn up and his constant front wheel side to side thing. I don't know if you look like that if you have cramps but certainly he looks like one who has them always.

I'm disappointed in you ;)

His three stages and third place in the 2007 Vuelta are legendary (IMHO). The second place in 2009 was a bit boring, because he mostly sucked wheels for three weeks, but he did manage to put two good ITT's together in the same GT. And finally he has the later gifted podium finish in the 2010 Tour, where he possibly could had beaten Menchov on the road, if he hadn't crashed in the beginning of the Tourmalet stage (and he also should had beaten Schleck in the Morzine-Avoriaz sprint).

I'm disappointed with myself too :( For that certain moment I wrote my reply I totally forgot 2009 and thought he ended up 4th in 2007 despite remembering his wins, sorry:D And you can't blame me for not thinking about 2010 gift.

My favorite cyclist I think. Sharp descending like in Pais Vasco, took charge in the last kilometre, dedication to Michele Scarponi, afterwards said

I love these kind of stages where it's not just about legs, where you also can play cards in different ways. I like to play, to be a cyclist in these kind of stages.

What's up with the stupid title? Love that stylish style.

Last edited:
My favorite cyclist I think. Sharp descending like in Pais Vasco, took charge in the last kilometre, dedication to Michele Scarponi, afterwards said

What's up with the stupid title? Love that stylish style.
The title is amazing. :hearteyes:
Pello is becoming one of my favourite riders. Great descender, diesel engine, dares to go on the attack, he doesn't quit. Many things I like about him.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Pello will target GC at the Giro and Vuelta in 2022.

He will co-lead at the Giro with Landismo and at the Vuelta probably with Haig.

He didn't give his full schedule yet but he also wants to win Vuelta Pais Vasco, and his schedule looks something like:

-Volta Valenciana
-Vuelta Andalucia
-Strade Bianche
-Vuelta Pais Vasco
-Tour of the Alpes
-Giro d'Italia
-San Sebastian
-Vuelta Burgos
-Vuelta a España

Here is a nice interview with him. He didn't race since tour de France after taking 4 grand tours in 10 months and finishing in the top 20 in each

Last edited:
Reactions: Serpentin

He didn't give his full schedule yet but he also wants to win Vuelta Pais Vasco, and his schedule looks something like:

-Volta Valenciana
-Vuelta Andalucia
-Strade Bianche
-Vuelta Pais Vasco
-Tour of the Alpes
-Giro d'Italia
-San Sebastian
-Vuelta Burgos
-Vuelta a España

Here is a nice interview with him. He didn't race since tour de France after taking 4 grand tours in 10 months and finishing in the top
10 in each.

That really is a nice schedule. I think he will do well.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99

-Volta Valenciana
-Vuelta Andalucia
-Strade Bianche
-Vuelta Pais Vasco
-Tour of the Alpes
-Giro d'Italia
-San Sebastian
-Vuelta Burgos
-Vuelta a España

Here is a nice interview with him. He didn't race since tour de France after taking 4 grand tours in 10 months and finishing in the top
10 in each.

He should want to win any race he does with Landa.

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
It seems to have become cycling law that Bilbao always is among the best ten climbers in the final week of a Grand Tour. Pretty amazing how he always pops up there no matter how he has fared before or how many Tours de France or World Championships races he has done in the immediate run-in to the race.

This from a few years ago ... Looks like he may be a up there on GC then in Paris
Lovely guy

Reactions: Scarponi

TRENDING THREADS