• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 129 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Likely he just needs to adapt to altitude and racing rhythm again. He survived first two stages. That was more or less crucial. If nothing unexpected happens then stage 3 and 4 should be a good training rides. On stage 5 he should i guess be just right, like as he would do Dauphiné before the Tour. In perfect racing form.

Reactions: Sandisfan
There are too many personal vested interests for different teams after a stage like today's ergo no one will make a unified stand against madness (stage design + peloton behavior). I mean just look at how certain teams have benefitted from the carnage (in terms of GC prospects & sprint stage victories).

So Roglic will continue, lose the Tour & afterwards people will unironically say "tough luck, you shouldn't have crashed & you weren't going to beat Pogacar anyway". Rinse repeat for Pogacar if he finds himself in the same position, i.e. "tough luck, but Carapaz deserves it for staying on his bike" etc.

It just makes the entire concept of being the best, training hard & preparing for the Tour so redundant based on the nature of the crash lottery.

TRENDING THREADS