• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 133 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Rogla's crash in stage 1 was already too much, IMO, judging from his comments after. His stage 3 crash was almost certainly worse. Not sure if he can hold off Poga tomorrow - who seems to be flying.

I suspect Roglic' climbing to be more severely affected, though. Stages 8 & 9 will be very telling, indeed. I also expect stage 7 to be GC-relevant (and dangerous).

• Sad
Reactions: Sandisfan
The problem for me is the line was crossed and i don't consider this race to be safe or regular anymore. Reading the response from the officials just made things even worse. Where to go from here as Roglič decided to persevere. I don't know. For now i guess:

*** Tour go Rogla. As for the rest lets just hope it won't end with body bags. If it will it is our fault too.

Don't looks if you don't like naked cyclists

E5CuRndXEAQJ22s

But do you think without crashes, on a normal/average GT route PR puts 5 mins into RC and if so how? Because he never has put anything like that into him when racing each other for GC, so what are you arguing here?
2 minutes in the ITTs. 2 minutes in mountains. 1 minute in hills and bonis. Landa finished 5 minutes down on Roglic in the Tour yesterday and that was with one time trial.

I agree with the thicker shorts. Maybe not thicker but some stronger material that is more tear resistant as well. Especially on the parts that usually get the brunt of the impacts like the side of the hips of shoulders.
bibs like that exist, I have one of them, dont understand why pros dont use them at least on stages like that, its not even thicker fiber just much more abrasion resistant, the fabric is called dyneema

I think Lotto sometimes use thicker bib shorts for better protection, it seems like a no-brainer that GC riders should wear that in flat stages.

Valverde won same amount of GT's, has 7 podiums, and 10 top-10 placings more than Carapaz.
Again, what's the point?
That he is good but not great at GT, has a single vuelta to show for his career. Whereas Carapaz has a Giro and the chance of more GTs, is in his prime, is far better than Valverde. Roglic only put 2 and a bit minutes into Valverde so why would anyone think he could put 5 into Carapaz?

That he is good but not great at GT, has a single vuelta to show for his career. Whereas Carapaz has a Giro and the chance of more GTs, is in his prime, is far better than Valverde. Roglic only put 2 and a bit minutes into Valverde so why would anyone think he could put 5 into Carapaz?
First, Carapaz is maybe going to be far better (but I really doubt it), but for now he unfortunately isn't.
Second, every Grand Tour is a different story, riders are rarely at the same level in different races. Roglic was more dominant in 2019 Vuelta, but he was way fresher for that race than in 2020. Maybe that's the reason.