• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 157 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oh god not the Yates too aggressive thing again.
I mean, of course you need to take every opportunities you get, but if you go to the absolute limit every day for an extended period of time, you will be more tired.
The other who are trying to follow you are also at 100%, unless they let you go on purpose, which would be a bit dumb.
But in this scenario everyone rely a bit more on their recovery capabilities, which may or may not be proportionnal to their strength in race.
(for the record, I was very happy to see Simon attack when ever he could in that Giro)

Anyway, even if there is no truth in this, maybe some rider do believe it and ride accordingly.

Even attack was stupid with so much straight roads where group is much stronger (look how much Storer lost after descent on flat roads). He would be caught even without crash. He really surprised me with today riding, in negative way. I am really scratching my head what was he thinking.
I don't know. He should be stronger than the climbers behind on the flat. The GC group got destroyed on the climb. There were riders alone and in groups of 2 and 3. Who does the chasing? You never know in these situations. If Kuss was able to stay with the first chasers to disrupt the chase, it would have been a great situation. We could be looking at close to 30s gain for Roglič and pretty much game over for the overall GC.

But now everything changes. We don't know how he'll be feeling after the crash. It'll bother him some for sure. Vuelta is as open as ever.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I don't know. He should be stronger than the climbers behind on the flat. The GC group got destroyed on the climb. There were riders alone and in groups of 2 and 3. Who does the chasing? You never know in these situations. If Kuss was able to stay with the first chasers to disrupt the chase, it would have been a great situation. We could be looking at close to 30s gain for Roglič and pretty much game over for the overall GC.

But now everything changes. We don't know how he'll be feeling after the crash. It'll bother him some for sure. Vuelta is as open as ever.
I'm more confident than yesterday. That attack was savage, and Mas was on the ropes

At least he didn't look too scraped up after today's slide. Even on the smallish spot where his shorts were torn, there wasn't much red.

Yea If he really needed to crash, that was the perfect way. Low impact and nice slide on dusty asphalt to absorb crash energy. So all in all, he was lucky. But now is enough, stay on the damn bike Primož.

Let's face it anyone who made it to world class flying off a 185 meter hill is an adrenalin junkie. Today he had Legs and wanted to totally demoralize Movi and Ineos. He succeded with Ineos but crashed because he was so into flying downhill he overdid a corner.

Pure Balls move, reminded me a bit of Contador, if you feel good Attack! What a shame he crashed :(.

He doesn't have the advantage of riding as a kid, and coming up through the cycling ranks, borrowed his first bike at 22. So he still has a lot to learn about bike handling and race nous. Meanwhile he's having fun. Coming over the line he was laughing!

I'm more confident than yesterday. That attack was savage, and Mas was on the ropes
I'd agree and critics of Roglic's "conservative" attacking now suggest it was pure stupidity. It was the exact, perfect opportunity to do what he did and, but for a crash he fortunately overcame; would have been one of the definitive points in the Vuelta. As the current situation stands JV has a new team to work for them all week with Cofidis also in the wings.
Movistar were fortunate but they also gained a good gap on Ineos so they can relax somewhat and look for moments to attach Roglic. All in all it does simplify JV strategy.