• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 318 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I can understand where Roglič’s statement comes from. He channelled his inner frustration to an external source. Not the right way if he wants to learn something. Not the right thing to do to Wright. Not a smart thing to say considering how many fans he will have lost.

However - due to the extreme setbacks he has had to deal with throughout his career (of his own doing or not) and due to his otherwise gentlemanly conduct, I don’t think this backlash is fully deserved. People make mistakes and this statement is one of them. It is not the end of the world and in the end of the day, there will be no negative consequence of this statement for anyone but Roglič himself…

So calm down a little…
What baklash though? I think most are empathetic for his sorry plight, but call him out for his obvious BS.

Bravo Primož. For speaking out. This was long overdue. The same should be done with the Colbrelli incident. You just don't go flying off the road if the other party is not involved. And as Primož remained silent the theories of his bad bike handling skills and such kept circulating around. As fact. Just read this thread.

Bravo Primož again i fully support you on this one.

Bravo Primož. For speaking out. This was long overdue. The same should be done with the Colbrelli incident. You just don't go flying off the road if the other party is not involved. And as Primož remained silent the theories of his bad bike handling skills and such kept circulating around. As fact. Just read this thread.

The Colbrelli incident was totally different. In that case, Colbrelli quickly moved to the left (I give him the benefit of doubt that he had to do it, because of dynamics around him, but part of his movement seemed intentional, or at least not trying to avoid or reduce the impact of a collision with Roglic), and Roglic was the victim of that.

In this case, Roglic was the one moving and almost crashing Wright. Luckily Wright held his balance, as he could have ended up in the barriers with Roglic' push.

Cannot say how disappointed I am with Roglic over this
Robbie McEwan who as a top sprinter called bull on his statement
I am sure Roglic is diappointed but he needs to look at himself when it comes to this crash and indeed alot of the crashes he has been

This statement has done him no favours whatsoever ...

maybe he would be better off improving his bike positioning and bike handling and calling meta culpa

I know the disappointment I felt as a fan when he crashed. I was hopeful he could continue and will give him a pass imagining how difficult this season has been for him.

BNator put it best:
"I can understand where Roglič’s statement comes from. He channelled his inner frustration to an external source. Not the right way if he wants to learn something. Not the right thing to do to Wright. Not a smart thing to say considering how many fans he will have lost.

However - due to the extreme setbacks he has had to deal with throughout his career (of his own doing or not) and due to his otherwise gentlemanly conduct, I don’t think this backlash is fully deserved. People make mistakes and this statement is one of them. It is not the end of the world and in the end of the day, there will be no negative consequence of this statement for anyone but Roglič himself…

So calm down a little… "

I cannot tell if serious or being sarcastic?

Reactions: jmdirt and Riek s
If he didn't get concussed from the crash and thus having a blurry image of what really happened then he is lacking elementary awareness, attention, understanding and positioning skills needed to ride his bike in a professional road race. This absurd statement might give us a better understanding why he was crashing so hard so many times. Mr. Roglic seems unaware of the environment in which he is moving at a great speed on a bike in a competition.

If he didn't get concussed from the crash and thus having a blurry image of what really happened then he is lacking elementary awareness, attention, understanding and positioning skills needed to ride his bike in a professional road race. This absurd statement might give us a better understanding why he was crashing so hard so many times. Mr. Roglic seems unaware of the environment in which he is moving at a great speed on a bike in a competition.
I think it's arrogance, expecting that
mere pawns should pavé way for the King. Well that ended badly, now didn't it.

Btw all you guys mocking him for supposed head injuries are seriously out of line here!
must've hit his head pretty hard i guess...
x3167532-158003985.png

Reactions: Riek s
Cannot say how disappointed I am with Roglic over this
Robbie McEwan who as a top sprinter called bull on his statement
I am sure Roglic is diappointed but he needs to look at himself when it comes to this crash and indeed alot of the crashes he has been

This statement has done him no favours whatsoever ...

maybe he would be better off improving his bike positioning and bike handling and calling meta culpa

The entire outcry comes from a wide audience who'd already made up their minds a long time ago, i.e. labelling Rog a bad bike handler & crash merchant. Without actually looking at the details or wanting to hear his side of the story, no, just always so comfortable in their fait accompli negative label of Roglič's bike skills.

It makes me laugh reading comments about the Colbrelli incident, i.e. when it happened & Jumbo + Rog said he was body checked by Colbrelli, there was a pretty much unanimous outcry from people without actual real footage who called their reaction "B.S.". I know this, because his fans were subjected to the same mockery. Just check through old threads & posts relating to the 2021 TdF here in this forum, it's edifying.

So now Roglič & Jumbo have a different version of events relating to a crash after Rog initiated an attack & created a selection for the sprint. He's gone public with this because his name was getting dragged through the mud & also remaining silent (such as eventually keeping their mouths shut over Colbrelli) earned them nothing & served no purpose.

If Roglič was Belgian (or from another cycling powerhouse), he'd have an army of journalists & ex-pros defending his position. He doesn't enjoy such luxury so at least now his team is actually defending him publicly.

I post this knowing full well most people in this thread will outright reject this assessment & opinion, but nevertheless it's just something you'll have to now deal with, i.e. Roglič isn't going to let himself get bullied on the road or insulted any longer & I totally support that 1000%.

The entire outcry comes from a wide audience who'd already made up their minds a long time ago, i.e. labelling Rog a bad bike handler & crash merchant. Without actually looking at the details or wanting to hear his side of the story, no, just always so comfortable in their fait accompli negative label of Roglič's bike skills.

It makes me laugh reading comments about the Colbrelli incident, i.e. when it happened & Jumbo + Rog said he was body checked by Colbrelli, there was a pretty much unanimous outcry from people without actual real footage who called their reaction "B.S.". I know this, because his fans were subjected to the same mockery. Just check through old threads & posts relating to the 2021 TdF here in this forum, it's edifying.

So now Roglič & Jumbo have a different version of events relating to a crash after Rog initiated an attack & created a selection for the sprint. He's gone public with this because his name was getting dragged through the mud & also remaining silent (such as eventually keeping their mouths shut over Colbrelli) earned them nothing & served no purpose.

If Roglič was Belgian (or from another cycling powerhouse), he'd have an army of journalists & ex-pros defending his position. He doesn't enjoy such luxury so at least now his team is actually defending him publicly.

I post this knowing full well most people in this thread will outright reject this assessment & opinion, but nevertheless it's just something you'll have to now deal with, i.e. Roglič isn't going to let himself get bullied on the road or insulted any longer & I totally support that 1000%.
This has to be such an exhausting way to watch cycling.

I don't think Roglic will ever win the TdF now. Unless he targets the Giro next year, I don't think he'll win another Grand Tour.

Why? Because he's p*ssed off Bahrain Victorious (lol), some commentators & some other casual haters?

No. If he doesn't win another GT it's because he's no longer got the legs to win versus the current crop of top GT riders. It'll have nothing to do with defending himself on this crash issue.

This has to be such an exhausting way to watch cycling.

It's all easy peasy lemon squeezy, I just watch races & have my own opinion. From my point of view, it must be much, much more tiresome to immediately jump to conclusions whenever Rog crashes.

It's like people always want to promote a Rog crash meme, have fun spreading it & then cannot accept he has a different viewpoint which their inconclusive video footage doesn't show.

this is such a funny post.

it boggles the mind what the response would have been had remco crashed out in a similar fashion and then blamed fred wright.

it boggles the mind so much it would literally explode.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The only ones who brought up his "bad" cycling skills were fans. His side of the story is, sadly, only a pathetic attempt to divert responsibility away from himself. It's purely Neronian. Non-supporters have been entirely empathetic until this unfortunate outburst.

It's like people always want to promote a Rog crash meme, have fun spreading it & then cannot accept he has a different viewpoint which their inconclusive video footage doesn't show.
At least on this crash, every viewpoint shows Roglic in the wrong and riding into Wright. Now with the other footage showing Roglic rode into Wright’s elbow from behind. Which if Roglic didn’t know Wright was there (which is still his fault and others would get blamed for the crash as well) could cause him to incorrectly think Wright barged through him.