• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 421 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think it's the crash. Everyone involved in it is already out of the race, except Thomas (who didn't hit the ground) and Roglic (who did). And of course he had surgery not that long ago, at some point the body just doesn't recover anymore.
Why would Jumbo control the race, clearly trying to go for the stage victory, if the crash is still hindering him?

Not a great day, but it could be worse. For a moment there, it looked like he’d drop minutes there and be out of the Giro.

Hopefully, it is the crash and he starts to recover, but it’s hard to imagine recovering given the terrain over the next few days. There is a chance he’s past it, but G is 4 years older and started many years earlier. Everyone ages differently though. Regardless, I’ll be interested to see the numbers because at no point in the past few years has G been even on Roglic’s level in terms of climbing performances, much less above him. Clearly, this was not peak Roglic.

Well, that's not what most of us were expecting. But the race is still on, the loss is only 30 seconds and it's still possible that Primoz will make this race exciting on Friday and Saturday.
Nah, I think it will take a miracle for him to recover from this. It's not the time loss per se, but the way he rode. You could see he was really suffering. I'd be surprised if he manages to hang on in the coming mountain stages.

No way this was actually said.
You did an amazing job on the last climb for so long. The plan was probably to work for Primož, even if he lost 25 seconds in the end?

"Yeah, the plan was to try keep G in the jersey, which I think we end up doing, but we didn't really wanna lose 25 seconds I guess, so, argh, it's not such a bad thing as well, it's only 25 seconds, but it would have been better if we didn't lose that."

You did an amazing job on the last climb for so long. The plan was probably to work for Primož, even if he lost 25 seconds in the end?

"Yeah, the plan was to try keep G in the jersey, which I think we end up doing, but we didn't really wanna lose 25 seconds I guess, so, argh, it's not such a bad thing as well, it's only 25 seconds, but it would have been better if we didn't lose that."
Time to fire that LR guy then

I‘m sure they‘ll go for Rosa on Stage 21

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Stephen A. Smith would say that whoever came up with this is on crack, and, tbh, it's hard to disagree with that thought.