• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 601 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Lo Port didn't happen the way you describe it, i.e. Rog baited Evenepoel with a couple of dummy attacks. He wanted him to launch too early:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTXVx3MELn8

Rog's only real attack was the final counter up to the line.
Indeed, I could've extended on that. Later on I state the Roglic was the more mature rider, and Remco overestimates himself. Which Roglic knows of course, he's quite the intelligent rider. My whole point was that Roglic won Catalunya because Remco overestimated himself, and Roglic handled this perfectly so he deserved the win.

This whole breakdown came due to Elos Anjos saying that Remco was only good at stage races and GT's thanks to TT kilometers, and I wanted to make clear that Catalunya of last year tells us this isn't the case. He can do 1-week stage races with the best of them.

Of course. That's why you can't compare Roglic with Pogacar, Evenepoel, Van Aert, VDP. Just like Vingegaard, he only rides stage races these days. And in the (far) past sometimes one or two big one-day matches. He will do the same (no one-day races) the upcoming season. As a result, he is always much fresher in a GT than riders such as Pogacar, Evenepoel, Van Aert and VDP. Nevertheless, his 2023 level was not great during the Giro (covid Evenepoel and winning only with seconds from the old Thomas) and Vuelta (third).
I don't agree that pogacar or Remco doesn't start the GT races so fresh because of the one day races. Normally they always a light calendar, and some one day races are almost a training until the last 20 km, like milan san remo.

Today, Dauphine was added. No TdS in 2024, as it seems.

Obviously he wants to win TdF first, then TdS in 2025…

Reactions: Sandisfan
Indeed, I could've extended on that. Later on I state the Roglic was the more mature rider, and Remco overestimates himself. Which Roglic knows of course, he's quite the intelligent rider. My whole point was that Roglic won Catalunya because Remco overestimated himself, and Roglic handled this perfectly so he deserved the win.

This whole breakdown came due to Elos Anjos saying that Remco was only good at stage races and GT's thanks to TT kilometers, and I wanted to make clear that Catalunya of last year tells us this isn't the case. He can do 1-week stage races with the best of them.
Do you think it could also be that Roglic is a very good rider? Like with his legs, too? Remco barely got across the line on Lo Port; Roglic looked very cool and casual. There was a real difference in physical performance there, IMO, despite LR putting Remco on all their charts as having the better performance.

Do you think it could also be that Roglic is a very good rider? Like with his legs, too? Remco barely got across the line on Lo Port; Roglic looked very cool and casual. There was a real difference in physical performance there, IMO, despite LR putting Remco on all their charts as having the better performance.
Where did I say that Roglic wasn’t a good rider with his legs? I’m just saying that Evenepoel was a bit stronger but Roglic much smarter. I also said that they barely made a dent into each other and were neck to neck. Is that ok to say? Or is this topic only for praising? I’ll take it to the Bora topic then.

418131473_849179340550471_575555412977147752_n.jpg

418977988_849179153883823_8332317021010845315_n.jpg

I'm hoping that that tone is ironic from both of you, because if it is not I don't really feel disposed towards helping either of you, but with the thought that it might be of use to others:
View: https://twitter.com/ammattipyoraily/status/1744748606391750892
A bit dissapointing, that we will not see a lot of battles between these riders in the week long stage races. Paris-Nice can get intersting and also Itzulia. Would be good, if Pogacar would switch Catalunya for Tirreno, then we would have at least one battle between Pogacar and Vingegaard. (PCS has Tirreno for him instead of Catalunya)

Reactions: Sandisfan