• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 729 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don‘t know why people think the 2021 Vuelta was horrible. What did Enric Mas do to them? Also, Roglič actually rode at the front today so it‘s not that fair.
Yes, to be fair today he seemed somebody riding his own pace up the climb instead of hiding behind a Visma lead out for the sprint. Went to the front early and drilled it.

Giro wasn't exciting at all but at least we had attacks, even if Pogacar was 2 steps above everyone. Here, Roglic will just wait for the last km.
Gall did an attack and went over his limits (he was lucky to be picked up by Almeida), but Rogla did the most of the rest to force a selection. If Van Eetvelt were ready to cooperate, the trio would likely have stayed away.

How is that waiting for the last km?

Because the Giro was so exciting to watch? Mas, Landa, LVE, they’ll all try to go for red now. I think it will be a nice race. The only shame is Roglic in red because he’ll just wheelsuck now
Again with the wheelsuck. Like today when he manhandled everyone on his turf. It's now UAE and Visma's turn to attack so it will still get exciting. Roglic has had a good day with only 180,000' left to climb so it's not over.

I don‘t know why people think the 2021 Vuelta was horrible. What did Enric Mas do to them? Also, Roglič actually rode at the front today so it‘s not that fair.
There are fans of a recent 2X Gold medalist that really don't care for Roglic. They'll start mincing and whining very soon if he continues to get better; which is not a forgone conclusion.
No good effort goes unpunished by the fans...

Giro wasn't exciting at all but at least we had attacks, even if Pogacar was 2 steps above everyone. Here, Roglic will just wait for the last km.
Yes and no. He led for 2.5 km of the 3 km steep section so that’s not exactly “waiting until the last km.” But yes, if you mean waiting till the end to put in an all-out attack. Since people are so certain that’s the way he will ride (and do so winningly) why complain about it. You could criticize the other riders for why they ride with him if they know that’s the outcome?

Yes and no. He led for 2.5 km of the 3 km steep section so that’s not exactly “waiting until the last km.” But yes, if you mean waiting till the end to put in an all-out attack. Since people are so certain that’s the way he will ride (and do so winningly) why complain about it. You could criticize the other riders for why they ride with him if they know that’s the outcome?
Today the choice was ride with him or progressively further behind. The first hard climb of any race is always more impactful to those not quite prepared for it, seemingly. Roglic's TT showed he is ready for the start of the Vuelta but how deep can he go?

GVc0-nPWIAAiNeH

He now also has more pro wins than Tadej Pogacar.
Lol, while your statement is true, it's been also true since his first win in 2014 till the last stage of this year's Tour, for a period of 10 years. So it's not like it is a surprising achievement.

Before this season I actually thought he'd reach 100 wins before Pogačar. But after his two crashes in Itzulia and the Tour, and especially after Pogi's dominant performances in both GTs, I don't believe that anymore. Although I still believe he'll go over 100 in number of pro wins.

Watch now Rogla win 7 stages of La Vuelta.