• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Have just finished watching a replay on national TV, stage 17, from the Tour 2017. Testing press conference facilities:

65694387.jpg

65694389.jpg

The country is nearing a total lockdown (for around a month).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnHGv8saHt0

Here is a documentary "My road to the Tour de France" that aired on Slovenian national TV on Saturday. It is mostly in Slovenian as the team of journalists follow the preparations and races that Primož did in 2020, but it has some interesting insights inside the team of Jumbo Visma (and that part is of course in English) and it shows what was going on after the crash in the Dauphine, how they decided about not starting, and most importantly, Dumoulin enjoying a piece of toast with jam!

Reactions: CyclistAbi
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnHGv8saHt0

Here is a documentary "My road to the Tour de France" that aired on Slovenian national TV on Saturday. It is mostly in Slovenian as the team of journalists follow the preparations and races that Primož did in 2020, but it has some interesting insights inside the team of Jumbo Visma (and that part is of course in English) and it shows what was going on after the crash in the Dauphine, how they decided about not starting, and most importantly, Dumoulin enjoying a piece of toast with jam!

Thanks so much! I skipped quite a bit because I couldn't understand a word, but enjoyed what I could a lot! They should subtitle these things.

Tomorrow we see if Primoz has Legs!

His sprint among climbers is on another level. He has really improved his sprinting in the last two seasons. I remember he was many times beaten in in groups of 2, 3 or 4 riders in the past. Now he is lookin almost like prime Valverde in those and is very hard to beat in these kind of finishes.

Reactions: Cookster15
I had a bit too much time on my hands so I've decided to make a list of all the riders that have beaten Roglič in a GC of a stage race since he started really going for them (Pais Vasco 2018 - so last 2 and a half years).

The list goes: Thomas, Dumoulin, Froome, Alaphillipe, Poels, Carapaz, Nibali. That is it. Three of them are not here, one has a broken rib, one has already lost time and one is now on his team. That leaves us with Ala! A solid candidate to repeat the feat for sure, but then again, this is not the Tour of Britain :grimacing:

Reactions: Sandisfan
I had a bit too much time on my hands so I've decided to make a list of all the riders that have beaten Roglič in a GC of a stage race since he started really going for them (Pais Vasco 2018 - so last 2 and a half years).

The list goes: Thomas, Dumoulin, Froome, Alaphillipe, Poels, Carapaz, Nibali. That is it. Three of them are not here, one has a broken rib, one has already lost time and one is now on his team. That leaves us with Ala! A solid candidate to repeat the feat for sure, but then again, this is not the Tour of Britain :grimacing:

Are you talking about final GC or stages where he's sprinting?

Bajbar,
Since you get the Primoz post stage interview it would be great if you posted what he has to say here :). In the USA they go talk to the USA riders...don't even show the podiums :(.

Sure! I tried to do as direct translation as possible :p

"Yes, it was a very fast and hard start, there were really good riders in front and yes, if we really wanted to catch them we would spend too much energy in my oppinion, at least for one day. At the end of the day it is only stage 6 and we have quite a lot of stages ahead of us. Ineos set a good tempo and we were all happy with it. So yes, another beautiful sunny day for all of us."

The reporter: It looks like you are not very tired after a stage like that. Did you expect a lot more action on the last climbs?

"Yes and now. I didn't really care what would happen. I have no expectations of what will happen, I just follow what happens and try to race."

The reporter: So, Pyrenees are coming closer, harder stages are coming closer, how do you look ahead to them?

"Ah, we will see. First, tommorow there are not too many hills, but for later we will see how it is."

The reporter: Thank you very much and good luck!

Sure! I tried to do as direct translation as possible :p

"Yes, it was a very fast and hard start, there were really good riders in front and yes, if we really wanted to catch them we would spend too much energy in my oppinion, at least for one day. At the end of the day it is only stage 6 and we have quite a lot of stages ahead of us. Ineos set a good tempo and we were all happy with it. So yes, another beautiful sunny day for all of us."

The reporter: It looks like you are not very tired after a stage like that. Did you expect a lot more action on the last climbs?

"Yes and now. I didn't really care what would happen. I have no expectations of what will happen, I just follow what happens and try to race."

The reporter: So, Pyrenees are coming closer, harder stages are coming closer, how do you look ahead to them?

"Ah, we will see. First, tommorow there are not too many hills, but for later we will see how it is."

The reporter: Thank you very much and good luck!

Thanks, that is awesome :).

Interview from today, specially for Carols!

"Hard stage. I mean, we all knew there was going to be wind. It was full gas from the start. Yeah, what should I say, no words, Wout is really in a class of his own, he helps me the whole stage until the last kilometer and then he says, eh, I am going to do a little sprint. So yeah!"

Reporter: Are you looking forward to the Pyrenean double tomorrow and Sunday?

"Ha. We will see after tomorrow's stage how it went and then I will tell a bit more cheeky smile and a wawe to the viewers.

And a bonus. During Armstrong's podcast an information arised that Sepp Kuss had some Slovenian roots (from his brother Tim who commented on a video). So our reporter asked Sepp about it ths morning and he confirmed. His great-grand parents were immigrants from Slovenia in the late 1800's/early 1900's. He said his family visited Slovenia when he was younger and that he also cilmbed our most famous mountain Triglav (three heads in litteral translation) - the three peaks are also a national symbol (found originaly in the crest on the flag) and can be seen on the national championship shirt that Primož is wearing - so it is not just random mountains on his shirt.

Interview from today, specially for Carols!

"Hard stage. I mean, we all knew there was going to be wind. It was full gas from the start. Yeah, what should I say, no words, Wout is really in a class of his own, he helps me the whole stage until the last kilometer and then he says, eh, I am going to do a little sprint. So yeah!"

Reporter: Are you looking forward to the Pyrenean double tomorrow and Sunday?

"Ha. We will see after tomorrow's stage how it went and then I will tell a bit more cheeky smile and a wawe to the viewers.

And a bonus. During Armstrong's podcast an information arised that Sepp Kuss had some Slovenian roots (from his brother Tim who commented on a video). So our reporter asked Sepp about it ths morning and he confirmed. His great-grand parents were immigrants from Slovenia in the late 1800's/early 1900's. He said his family visited Slovenia when he was younger and that he also cilmbed our most famous mountain Triglav (three heads in litteral translation) - the three peaks are also a national symbol (found originaly in the crest on the flag) and can be seen on the national championship shirt that Primož is wearing - so it is not just random mountains on his shirt.

Thank you so much, very appreciated :). I will look forward to your update every day.

p.s. I have one great-grandparent who also came to the USA in the mid 1800s from Slovenia. In 2017 I visited Slovenia and toured the country for 10 days. It is Beautiful and recommended everyone to visit. Friendly people, good food and so much to see and do.

Reactions: CyclistAbi

TRENDING THREADS