• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 255 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Interesting words from the main massage guy of Ineos. He's Slovenian by the way.

He talked about how they work and this years TdF for Slovenian podcast.

He said Ineos is happy with how they raced so far and they plan to fight for third place with Thomas as their nr. 1 guy. Oh and if you didn't know, average massage takes 1,5 to 2 hours a day and it's not comfortable for a rider or massage guy.

After being asked if they don't plan to attack for better place, he said they will try but reality is, there are two riders that can destroy anyone else on the race and whole Ineos team. Pogačar and Roglič. Now when Roglič is hurt, Ineos is worried he'll get better and attack 3rd place in GC.

Today TV Slovenia finally obtained a few words from Roglič after the Stage 10.

"I am happy that this was not the most difficult stage. This came in very convenient after the resting day. I am definitely happy. I came a little further than last year, therefore I am optimistic."

Commenting on tomorrow's Stage 11:

"It's already hot and it will remain so. For sure I will try to re-live [my winning the Galibier stage 5 yrs ago] and to gain energy, because I have very nice memories of the area where we are heading tomorrow. I will definitely have a good time."

Could he atttack already on the penultimate climb of the day, "his" Galibier?

"Yes, I will be free to attack, I always am."

Today TV Slovenia finally obtained a few words from Roglič after the Stage 10.

"I am happy that this was not the most difficult stage. This came in very convenient after the resting day. I am definitely happy. I came a little further than last year, therefore I am optimistic."

Commenting on tomorrow's Stage 11:

"It's already hot and it will remain so. For sure I will try to re-live [my winning the Galibier stage 5 yrs ago] and to gain energy, because I have very nice memories of the area where we are heading tomorrow. I will definitely have a good time."

Could he atttack already on the penultimate climb of the day, "his" Galibier?

"Yes, I will be free to attack, I always am."

Primoz will make it epic on Galibier. Pog will chase him and both will leave Vinge in the dust.

Last edited:
I don't believe for a second he got a free pass on doing anything he wants. At least as long Jonas is that close to Pogačar.

He will probably get a chance to attack, Pogačar will follow with Jonas on the wheel and then Jonas attacks Pogačar. We all know Roglič is too injured to do much more and Pogačar will destroy Jonas soon after.

2009 Contador perched on one shoulder, 2012 Froome on the other. One tells him to crush them fools, the other tells him to wait and just make angry gestures.

Which will he follow
I was thinking of a very similar situation. 2017 Vuelta Contador is perched on one shoulder, 2018 Giro Froome on the other. One tells him to attack attack attack and try to make some magic, the other tells him to wait like am injured snake in the grass.

Which will he follow

So far he's in the grass and but we will see tomorrow

I'm sure Vingo wouldn't mind though.
Yes, of course it’s a victory worth celebrating —it would be an amazing achievement and a forever legacy. And unlike something like, for example, an Omi-Opi takedown, there MAY be some elements of COVID positives (some teams having more than others) that have to do with team protocols and planning, just as having the right tires and gearing for a particular stage are part of proactive prep. Yeah, there is obviously a HUGE random component to getting COVID, but maybe not only that. To whit: when the NFL ran their restrictive 2020 pandemic seasons with no fans and strict testing protocols, some teams were extremely handicapped because they had so many positives that entire parts of their offense (receiving corps or quarterbacks for example) had to sit out games. Several teams would have lost games if the NFL didn’t bail them out by rescheduling. Some teams had 20-plus positives. The Seattle Seahawks, by contrast, had zero positives the entire 4-month season. They had strict protocols, but more importantly, full team buy-in. Who’s to say there wouldn’t be similar differences between teams at the Tour? And, no I can’t think that’s likely—just saying we can’t rule that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS