• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 338 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I like this conceptual interpretation of time and space....and bike riding at sprint speeds:

"What Wright did he rather accelerated then used his brakes. Had plenty of time to prepare for the contact and to foresee the outcome. "

I been there and you have time to lean and brace for the hit. Hard to accelerate after you've been totally gassed as a defensive technique. You don't touch your f*cking brakes if the crash is going by you..... If you forsee anything it's quick trip in the Red Bus to the ER.
I miss most parts of bike racing. Bench poseur racers, not so much.

Reactions: jmdirt
People saying the same things over and over are slightly less silly than those who complain about them. At least we are discussing cycling.
It is indeed quite harmless as long as it doesn't clog the thread while more fruitful discussions take place. When the alternative is no posts in the thread, the only cost is from briefly skimming the new posts to check that they haven't moved on. Which is more quickly done if the most noisy user is on ignore.

Reactions: Carols
No. Adri didn't mention Fred. He just said Primož crashes a lot due to having bad bike handling skills. Due to being a ski jumper and all that BS. And then goes on on how it's all over for him and he should just accept that. Forget about the Tour. Basically Primož being in the same league as Mathieu. Why should the two even bother? Forget about the Tour.

We can thank Mathieu for creating some new drama to end the Rogla Wright drama.

There's always something eh.

It is indeed quite harmless as long as it doesn't clog the thread while more fruitful discussions take place. When the alternative is no posts in the thread, the only cost is from briefly skimming the new posts to check that they haven't moved on. Which is more quickly done if the most noisy user is on ignore.

Yep Ignores coming up.

I hope Primoz is healing well and in good shape for Lombardia,

Good news if you ask me, he needs a hard reset. Take a good physical and especially mental rest and start "fresh" and motivated with training in december for next year.

It was a season to forget, but despite all the setbacks (injuries and crashes) he still managed to win P-N and Dauphine.

His whole cycling career is build on denying doubters. He is not done. At all.

I was hoping for that decision. Reset is the word I've been associating with Roglič since the beginning of this season. This I think has nothing to do with his injuries being too severe - it's about finding a way to overcome internally without the next big result proving he still has it.

This time, he needs to overcome a bit more than in the past. It's not just losing the tour and crashing. It's also the fact TJV has a new leader now. That's got to play with the man's ego. However, I will not write him off. In 2020 I thought he would never get it together again and he did. I would not at all be surprised if he did it again...and vice versa...

Here's a conspiracy. Rogla goes to Ineos, that's why Jumbo doesn't want him to race the Italian classics, so that he doesn't crash and lower his value.

I still think there might be something going on with the transfer stuff. This is big business & he has a contract. Ineos would need to buy out the rest of his years & Jumbo will want money, i.e. it was never going to be a simple case of rider publicly negotiating with xyz team = immediate transfer. There will be the usual denials etc. (a bit like for a football transfer).

Evenepoel to Ineos is never ever going to happen right now (I'd be shocked, for real) so that leaves Ineos with one option & that's Rog. We do know Ineos have tried to get Rog but Jumbo have said no (based on the Evenepoel to Ineos leak). But what it really shows is Ineos are ready to spend money on a contract buyout (& also shows there was indeed interest from Ineos, irrespective of the denials during the summer).

Reactions: acm
I still think there might be something going on with the transfer stuff. This is big business & he has a contract. Ineos would need to buy out the rest of his years & Jumbo will want money, i.e. it was never going to be a simple case of rider publicly negotiating with xyz team = immediate transfer. There will be the usual denials etc. (a bit like for a football transfer).

Evenepoel to Ineos is never ever going to happen right now (I'd be shocked, for real) so that leaves Ineos with one option & that's Rog. We do know Ineos have tried to get Rog but Jumbo have said no (based on the Evenepoel to Ineos leak). But what it really shows is Ineos are ready to spend money on a contract buyout (& also shows there was indeed interest from Ineos, irrespective of the denials during the summer).
Indeed. And unlike what some argued then, the transfer does make a lot of sense.

Agree. And if Roglič wants to go to Ineos then I think everything is possible.

Reactions: Rackham

TRENDING THREADS