• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 339 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A teeny-weeny bit of Twitter stalking shows Roglič "liked" marko baloh's tweet in response to the opening Giro ITT profile:

Made for Rogla indeed.

So Giro attempt incoming? It would be an exciting change of scenery for next season, for sure.
Also, early season Rog (for grand tours) is good because he's had fewer opportunities to crash and get banged up.

A teeny-weeny bit of Twitter stalking shows Roglič "liked" marko baloh's tweet in response to the opening Giro ITT profile:

Made for Rogla indeed.

So Giro attempt incoming? It would be an exciting change of scenery for next season, for sure.

Rackham, I would have never picked you as one to stalk Roglic :p

P.S. Please share an image with us of his trophy cabinet :)

Like I said before, I would love to see him go for the Giro. This uber TDF focus had become quite annoying and he has unfinished business left in Italy as well.
And after doing a good Giro there's still half a season left, so who knows? In 2019 he still got the closest since 2008 Contador to do the Giro/Vuelta double and 2020 showed that he can also do two great GT's in a row. So the prospect of him potentially showing up at the Tour with no pressure after winning the Giro sounds great to me.

Like I said before, I would love to see him go for the Giro. This uber TDF focus had become quite annoying and he has unfinished business left in Italy as well.
And after doing a good Giro there's still half a season left, so who knows? In 2019 he still got the closest since 2008 Contador to do the Giro/Vuelta double and 2020 showed that he can also do two great GT's in a row. So the prospect of him potentially showing up at the Tour with no pressure after winning the Giro sounds great to me.
NIbali is closest since 2008 Contador to do the Giro/Vuelta double. He missed it by 37 seconds in 2013.

I know. I’m just pointing out that “in perception” is a useless category… if “in perception” was a thing, Roglic would be TDF winner
I don't think think it's a useless category at all if you're looking for how close a rider came to a victory. I believe we both agree Roglic came much closer to TdF victory in 2020 than Uran in 2017, although the latter finished closer to 1st place in final GC.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Fen2fTSX0AE1NAi

TRENDING THREADS