• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 340 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not too much info in the interview but here we go:
  • he is getting presidential state award for extraordinary sports achievements, promotion of sport, inspiration to the people and his forum topic rivaling the Remco thread (one of these is made up)
  • getting the shoulder surgery, 6-8 weeks recovery, no bike
  • starting 2023 with Jumbo and I quote "which maximally supports him" (warning: this sentence could trigger some people here)
  • not sure yet about 2023 goals, "1 or 2 goals that make sense" but he also says it is not his last season so it's not like he needs to win Giro, Tour and Vuelta in the same year.

Not too much info in the interview but here we go:
  • he is getting presidential state award for extraordinary sports achievements, promotion of sport, inspiration to the people and his forum topic rivaling the Remco thread (one of these is made up)
  • getting the shoulder surgery, 6-8 weeks recovery, no bike
  • starting 2023 with Jumbo and I quote "which maximally supports him" (warning: this sentence could trigger some people here)
  • not sure yet about 2023 goals, "1 or 2 goals that make sense" but he also says it is not his last season so it's not like he needs to win Giro, Tour and Vuelta in the same year.
We can rebuild him. Bionic Roglič incoming in 2023.

6 months to full recovery from operation like this. I hope I'm wrong.
No way six months. I had a similar operation; he can start riding a trainer within a couple of days. You don't want to put pressure on the shoulder joint, however, for a month or so. He will need to build up the muscles around the joint, too.

Unless he's had an artificial shoulder put in, of course.

Glad he finally had it done. Now, let's make sure he doesn't screw it up by crashing again...

Reactions: Sandisfan
No way six months. I had a similar operation; he can start riding a trainer within a couple of days. You don't want to put pressure on the shoulder joint, however, for a month or so. He will need to build up the muscles around the joint, too.

Unless he's had an artificial shoulder put in, of course.

Glad he finally had it done. Now, let's make sure he doesn't screw it up by crashing again...
+1: He could be riding outside in a month. It would be risky but possible. If he had a joint replacement (doubtful for a rotator-cuff tuneup) his major concern is hemorraghing of reconnected blood supply and damaging nerve reconstruction so that is up to 2 months of limited activity. That said; he'd be good to go in 3 months for that, too. He should be working on controlled mobilization now for swelling reduction.
Odds are he started his history of dislocations skiing, rather than cycling. Collarbones break easily and the joint seldom gets damaged in that process. Skiing, playing football and other contact sports are usually the culprit and, in many cases start when young and just get worse. He should be good to go unless he ignores PT.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS