• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 345 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I strongly believe Roglič knows the Wright incident was mostly Roglič fault. But, he was blocked/moved/pushed/crashed so many times in his career from non GT cyclists that he had enough. And he used this incident to speak loudly about it and maybe secure his position in peloton a bit better. Maybe now, others around him will be a touch nicer and a bit less aggressive.

Reactions: noob and SHAD0W93
I strongly believe Roglič knows the Wright incident was mostly Roglič fault. But, he was blocked/moved/pushed/crashed so many times in his career from non GT cyclists that he had enough. And he used this incident to speak loudly about it and maybe secure his position in peloton a bit better. Maybe now, others around him will be a touch nicer and a bit less aggressive.
He's doing it wrongly then.

*** only works if you make other people crash, which only works for sprinters cause they don't have to spare their body for a TdF bid.

Meanwhile he didn't make any friends doing this. All it does is give him a name of making false accusations meaning that the next time he gets Colbrellid they just say "nah Roglic did that himself".

And you obviously cannot control every situation, the Vuelta crash is one that should never happen, the Tour crash this year is a freak accident, but I still think Jumbo should look into how Roglic moves through a peloton and if they need to get one of their domestiques to more prominently sit on him in the peloton.

Last edited:
Decent interview with Rog by Wielerflits.

• Talks about having moved on from the disappointments of the 2022 season, how he won some nice races still and doesn't wanna overdramatize the disappointments.
  • The shoulder surgery was really necessary. He could barely sleep and his shoulder had ben dislocated between 30 and 40 times. Taking a long break was hard as well
  • Hard to plan his season for now as he doesn't know when he can hit top form. Says he doesn't really care about the GT routes, and that all routes are good if he's in great shape. Giro may simply be too early for him next season, and he's really eager to go to the Tour. Will probably start racing in March. Doesn't expect to have big targets in the spring.
  • Expects to be good for a few more years at least, saying that Valverde and Nibali also had great results at a later age. When asked how his rivals are all much younger he says "I won't feel old until I'm slower than them". Also talks about how motivated he still is and how he relishes the hard work and training to work towards a target.

Decent interview with Rog by Wielerflits.

• Talks about having moved on from the disappointments of the 2022 season, how he won some nice races still and doesn't wanna overdramatize the disappointments.
  • The shoulder surgery was really necessary. He could barely sleep and his shoulder had ben dislocated between 30 and 40 times. Taking a long break was hard as well
  • Hard to plan his season for now as he doesn't know when he can hit top form. Says he doesn't really care about the GT routes, and that all routes are good if he's in great shape. Giro may simply be too early for him next season, and he's really eager to go to the Tour. Will probably start racing in March. Doesn't expect to have big targets in the spring.
  • Expects to be good for a few more years at least, saying that Valverde and Nibali also had great results at a later age. When asked how his rivals are all much younger he says "I won't feel old until I'm slower than them". Also talks about how motivated he still is and how he relishes the hard work and training to work towards a target.
What about the important stuff? Did he say anything about Wright? :p:D

@bNator

And did you ever acknowledge making wrong assumptions? In regards to your claims and Rogličes injuries? AFAIK you didn't. Point being you were trying to sell me the same wisdom back then too. On how my views are not aligned with yours. And let me tell you something. You were not really open for discussion. So why are you expecting something from other people if you are not prepared to do that yourself?

@red_flanders

Exactly. You suggest it's OK to take some pride in crashing the rider in front of you. If he deviates inside your line. This needs to change. It's wrong. Avoid the crash and get the rider relegated if you feel he did you wrong.

@red_flanders

Exactly. You suggest it's OK to take some pride in crashing the rider in front of you. If he deviates inside your line. This needs to change. It's wrong. Avoid the crash and get the rider relegated if you feel he did you wrong.

I would ask that you read my post again, quote it so we can all see what I actually said, and get back to me. I’ll be happy to respond at that point. As it stands this is a strawman.

Last edited:
@bNator

And did you ever acknowledge making wrong assumptions? In regards to your claims and Rogličes injuries? AFAIK you didn't. Point being you were trying to sell me the same wisdom back then too. On how my views are not aligned with yours. And let me tell you something. You were not really open for discussion. So why are you expecting something from other people if you are not prepared to do that yourself?

@red_flanders

There are numerous examples of me admitting I was wrong. Including the case that you mentioned:
Damn… That means @CyclistAbi was right and “reckless” and “without due care and attention” are in fact two different offences? This is a sad day for me :)
Of course it was not you who presented any proof to your claim but @SHAD0W93

Even if fully recovered, this will be a harder GT to win for him than any of his Vueltas and arguably even the 2020 Tour. Evenepoel being there means he will lose time to his biggest competitor in the TTs for once and I'm not sure the brutal mountain stages that characterise this year's route are ideal for him either. Either way, this Giro field is shaping up nicely, especially compared to this year's edition.

Even if fully recovered, this will be a harder GT to win for him than any of his Vueltas and arguably even the 2020 Tour. Evenepoel being there means he will lose time to his biggest competitor in the TTs for once and I'm not sure the brutal mountain stages that characterise this year's route are ideal for him either. Either way, this Giro field is shaping up nicely, especially compared to this year's edition.

Definitely.

Let's pray that noone goes in the breaks so we'll actually get to see the favourites next year.

Wow, no Tour for Rogla. That;s harsh. This is basically the team ****ing him over (yet again).

He didn't want to target the 2023 Giro, either . He's made that perfectly clear.
I mean, we all know he's delusional since his comments on him crashing out of the Vuelta, but surely even be realises that having the reigning Tour winner in the team means you're no longer first in line and therefore don't get to pick and choose?

Wow, no Tour for Rogla. That;s harsh. This is basically the team ****ing him over (yet again).

He didn't want to target the 2023 Giro, either . He's made that perfectly clear.

I'm pretty sure it's his own wish to captain in the Giro rather than domestique in the Tour.

Obviously, he couldn't demand to lead or co-lead in the Tour. There's no f*cking him over going on.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I'm pretty sure it's his own wish to captain in the Giro rather than domestique in the Tour.

Obviously, he couldn't demand to lead or co-lead in the Tour. There's no f*cking him over going on.
Jumbo have loved their multiple leader thing to death, I think it's very weird if Roglic can't get a protected spot if he wants one.

Maybe this is a shift in priorities. They got their Tour, maybe they're no longer as obsessed about absolutely maximizing Vingegaards chance to win another, especially after he was simply stronger than Pogacar on the climbs this year. They were also expressing an interest in winning the Giro before coming out with the schedules.

I don't think Roglic was really playing media games either. Just a few weak statements to wait for the scheduling announcement. He was clear about wanting to give the Giro a shot but not being in a rush as he thinks he has a number of good years left.

I don't really doubt he can be ready by the Giro, considering he's training now.

For me the biggest surprise is actually not going Giro/Tour but now probably going Giro/Vuelta. But that might have been Roglic personal preference.

TRENDING THREADS