• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 388 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
66069680.jpg

Kindly held the jersey at stage 6. Tomorrow some cycling history to be made.

Don't know.

The interesting thing for me is that he appears to just be out for a stroll after the race.

He keeps it real, like underground front line reporting on the ground. Shaky cam with close face framing as well, often in dark environments. There's some Blair Witch style guerrilla filmmaking going on here which deserves some praise.

Meanwhile for sheer cringe (which breaks the cringeometer) Chris Froome's youtube channel takes the cake. That intro... that disturbing smile...

• Haha
Reactions: noob and Red Rick
The Catalunya thread is having a meltdown over Roglic's tactically astute decision not to support Remco's little adventure at the end of the stage.

Meanwhile, I continue to marvel at the dominant discourse that surrounds the two rivals. I earlier mentioned the tendency toward Remco losing, rather than Rogla winning.

Today, we have another example: Rogla as "wheel sucker" to Remco's heroics and panache. Even the experienced commentator on my feed, who definitely knows dumb tactics when he sees them, could not help but join in.

This suggests an answer to the question: Why did no one highlight that by far the "best" attack of the day was Rogla's response to Remco's initial effort. Watch it again to see how quickly and easily Rogla counters the move, which obviously required a faster and sharper push to close the gap and catch Remco tearing up the road.

The Catalunya thread is having a meltdown over Roglic's tactically astute decision not to support Remco's little adventure at the end of the stage.

Meanwhile, I continue to marvel at the dominant discourse that surrounds the two rivals. I earlier mentioned the tendency toward Remco losing, rather than Rogla winning.

Today, we have another example: Rogla as "wheel sucker" to Remco's heroics and panache. Even the experienced commentator on my feed, who definitely knows dumb tactics when he sees them, could not help but join in.

This suggests an answer to the question: Why did no one highlight that by far the "best" attack of the day was Rogla's response to Remco's initial effort. Watch it again to see how quickly and easily Rogla counters the move, which obviously required a faster and sharper push to close the gap and catch Remco tearing up the road.
It’s the same with Nadal and Alcaraz in tennis, these people can do no wrong. Pushed down our throats which leads to people disliking them.

Reactions: VeloMaster
Green stripe, chill, high as kite looking Froglic might be even better than stoic full-green Vuelta terminator Froglic.

Forget Remco, Pog should start to worry also.

Pog and Rog will likely not contest a single race together until the autumn, their rivalry is almost non-existent nowadays. If Rog decides to take part in the Tour alongside Vinge then Pog may start worrying indeed.

So he said he will have a little break now. I hope he finds the time to hone in his TT position before the Giro. It is just as important as the endurance in the high mountains.
It's important, but definitely not as important as high mountain endurance. If you go to the Giro and do 3 lousy TT's you could lose 6 minutes. If you go to the Giro and are not prepared for the high mountains you could lose half an hour.

Would love to see him wheelsucking Remco to the finish line in LBL.
That would mean he crosses the line in Evenepoel's wheel.

Great back to back GC wins for him with stages multiple stage wins and minor jerseys coming back from his escapade into Wright. I don’t think the criticism is fair as he’s riding to his strengths and should get better. Just like Evenepoel. Roglic won this round by outsmarting Evenepoel and holding on. Both will be better at the Giro and it should be a great show. This rivalry though is on par or bettering the Nibali vs Valverde and Froome/Sky vs Contador debates of old.

TRENDING THREADS