• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 389 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
That was kinda his breakout race when I first noticed him.
He has never ridden it.

It's actually quite funny; he has ridden four July Tours but has never had the same approach. In 2017, he rode the ZLM Toer (for reasons incrompehensible to me). In 2018, he rode the Tour of Slovenia. In 2021, he didn't do a race in June, and last year he did the Dauphiné. So probably Suisse (or Tour of Belgium) is next.

Last edited:
Is there a chance to go for Fleche Vallone? I hope that he decides last minute for it.

I've been hoping for that, too. Altitude, test yourself in FW, then altitude again... But Jumbo always sticks to their altitude training plans/schedules. Apparently Wilco won't be racing before the Giro again even though he missed Catalunya. So no Basque Country for example... That's Jumbo's way of doing things, six days of racing before Giro... So I don't think we'll be seeing Primoz racing before Giro

The Catalunya thread is having a meltdown over Roglic's tactically astute decision not to support Remco's little adventure at the end of the stage.

Meanwhile, I continue to marvel at the dominant discourse that surrounds the two rivals. I earlier mentioned the tendency toward Remco losing, rather than Rogla winning.

Today, we have another example: Rogla as "wheel sucker" to Remco's heroics and panache. Even the experienced commentator on my feed, who definitely knows dumb tactics when he sees them, could not help but join in.

This suggests an answer to the question: Why did no one highlight that by far the "best" attack of the day was Rogla's response to Remco's initial effort. Watch it again to see how quickly and easily Rogla counters the move, which obviously required a faster and sharper push to close the gap and catch Remco tearing up the road.
PR is leading the race, he should just sit on the wheel and make RE take the race. If people are typing otherwise, they don't understand stage racing.

He has never ridden it.

It's actually quite funny; he has ridden four July Tours but has never had the same approach. In 2017, he rode the ZLM Toer (for reasons incrompehensible to me). In 2018, he rode the Tour of Slovenia. In 2021, he didn't do a race in June (apart from nationals), and last year he did the Dauphiné. So probably Suisse (or Tour of Belgium) is next.
He didn't do the nationals in 2021.

Another great win, he looked really good throughout the race. After overcoming last year's crashes and disappointments it's really good to see him happy.

FsJWI8nX0AA7cGy

He needs to go for the win this year, he doesn't have that many years in future when he is the best in one week races

Bigger goals first. Another Grand Tour must be a priority now.

There's plenty of time later to become a Philippe Gilbert/Milan-San Remo equivalent in one week stage races, i.e. chase the Tour de Suisse as a sort of 'unfinished business' type race just for the heck of it.

Done.

Roglic's performance impressed sports director Merijn Zeeman. "This is unbelievable. He was off the bike for a long time after his shoulder injury. He promptly won two WorldTour races after his return. We didn’t anticipate that."

I had a feeling Zeeman was in the car for a good reason, i.e. Jumbo must have been very interested to see how a one on one duel with Evenepoel would go.

Amazing job & great win. Rog will also climb the UCI rankings again now as well.

TRENDING THREADS