• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 390 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He has never ridden it.

It's actually quite funny; he has ridden four July Tours but has never had the same approach. In 2017, he rode the ZLM Toer (for reasons incrompehensible to me). In 2018, he rode the Tour of Slovenia. In 2021, he didn't do a race in June (apart from nationals), and last year he did the Dauphiné. So probably Suisse (or Tour of Belgium) is next.
Thanks for the correction. It was the 2019 Tour of Romandie that we had some broadcasts available. Loved the roads and his phenomenal ability to bridge. Not sure how much he knew and if he had any support.

It's quite funny the certainty of some people, that this guy will for sure lose time to remco in the TTs at the giro. He just lost to remco 45 seconds in the last TT at the vuelta when he all know he wasn't at his best during his vuelta after the crash in the tour. So, i think in the worst scenario, roglic will not lose many time to remco in the first two TTs. We can also see that he beat remco in TT of tour pays basque 2022, and that beat remco and won the TT of the olympique games with an advantage of 1 min to the one in the second place.

It's quite funny the certainty of some people, that this guy will for sure lose time to remco in the TTs at the giro. He just lost to remco 45 seconds in the last TT at the vuelta when he all know he wasn't at his best during his vuelta after the crash in the tour. So, i think in the worst scenario, roglic will not lose many time to remco in the first two TTs. We can also see that he beat remco in TT of tour pays basque 2022, and that beat remco and won the TT of the olympique games with an advantage of 1 min to the one in the second place.
The problem for Roglič is that the first two ITTs are mostly flat. Remco has shown in the last couple of years he is better than Roglič in those. If the ITTs were hilly, that would have been another story. So I think Remco has a clear advantage there and as a Roglic fan, if he loses around a minute or less in the first two ITTs, I would be happy honestly. Even if he loses a minute and a half it wouldn't be terrible IMO.

The last ITT is completely different. It's basically a MTT and as it comes on stage 20, more than TT ability it will be important what form the riders will carry after all the mountain stages in the third week of the Giro and in what condition riders will finish the race. I give them both 50-50 chance there as of now, but if one is on a bad day, he can lose minutes.

The problem for Roglič is that the first two ITTs are mostly flat. Remco has shown in the last couple of years he is better than Roglič in those. If the ITTs were hilly, that would have been another story. So I think Remco has a clear advantage there and as a Roglic fan, if he loses around a minute or less in the first two ITTs, I would be happy honestly. Even if he loses a minute and a half it wouldn't be terrible IMO.
Thanks for a reasonable post. Apparently some people are too busy accusing others of being biased, that they become blind for their own bias. Next you won't be allowed to say Pogacar is better at sprinting than Vingegaard, because Vingegaard won the TDF last time.

hyUAl9R.png

329603506-917153716229759-7736405957054278258-n.jpg

Congratulations on winning Volta a Catalunya against a very strong field and adding this race to the palmares. Due to the competition with Evenepoel being so close this really bode well with the historical achievement of now becoming the only cyclist in the history winning 6 different prestigious one week races.

Chapeau!

It was a not too serious reference to Tony Rominger, who was previously referenced in the thread title, and has a similar record in stage races (as the table above shows). Rominger won the Vuelta three times, before breaking the hour record and winning the Giro.

I don't get why Landa's name was replaced with Rominger's. I think Roglic and Landa are identical riders.

We often try but don't get this quite right indeed. And i will tell you on why. Is Primož the new Contador, Rominger, Valverde or maybe he is a new Kelly? Lets first get over some other facts. Roglič is now a king of week long stage races. Against all odds it turned out he crushes much more then he crashes. Just one letter and totally different result. There used to be some provocations. Like if you take away Kuss then Primož can't win. A kiss goodbye to such claims. From taking on Sky/Ineos train successfully to stay on top in his generation and now staying on top of the next generation of champions. Primož hence debunked one more myth successfully. He is not an in between generation champion as instead he is an intergenerational champion. And still there is more to come. Looking forward to be a part of that. So on who Primož really is. He is Primož Roglič.

Heijboer: "We considered the possibility his progress would go a lot slower than this."

Interesting note is Roglic went to a doctor at a professional tennis academy for his shoulder rehab., which I guess is the Mouratoglou tennis academy?

His shoulder injury was probably a lot heavier than I initially thought tbh.

It's clear there was a big discussion in the team & they didn't just leave him to go & see Doctor whatshisname in Slovenia, like after his knee problem in Itzulia last year. Jumbo looked after him this time.

Heijboer: "We considered the possibility his progress would go a lot slower than this."

Interesting note is Roglic went to a doctor at a professional tennis academy for his shoulder rehab., which I guess is the Mouratoglou tennis academy?

His shoulder injury was probably a lot heavier than I initially thought tbh.

I was worried he'd lose some of his explosiveness or he'd have to switch position on the bike. This was very reassuring (aka he's back at his best):

View: https://twitter.com/MazaCiclismo/status/1639303007459332096

TRENDING THREADS