• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 426 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Haven't you gotten used to it yet? It's the same story every time... He's too old, he's in decline, he can't ride a bike etc. Booooring.
Nobody has used the singular reason of Roglic being too old until yesterday when they brought up the other GT winners age. It was always combined with the crashes because whether we like it or not, he has been riding different and looking a lot less comfortable on stages when in the past he didn’t. In regards to the cant ride a bike, that’s just a back and forth battle between the two fan groups.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Big day ahead tomorrow on stage 18. JV is strong enough to blow this stage apart. But will they do it or will they leave the initiative to other team(s). UAE in my opinion now has to be tempted. We'll see.
I think you're on to the correct strategy: both. UAE is in bonus time and Almeida needs more gap to any contenders. It would need to be a combo of the next two stages, too. What you gain tomorrow could be lost doubly on the following day. JV should let UAE set the tone if Ineos doesn't get aggressive. IMO Primoz will ride for the average gain the next two stages with the hope he has a gap on GT. Geraint can TT so it's not a done deal until the last TT and Primoz can appreciate that more than anyone.

Haven't you gotten used to it yet? It's the same story every time... He's too old, he's in decline, he can't ride a bike etc. Booooring.
Age comes for us all my friend. I hope he proves such theories wrong over the next few stages, but at some point the crashes and surgeries and age will add up and he will decline; the question is just when. I hope it hasn’t started already but I will continue cheering for him even if it has.

Reactions: Carols and bNator
Age comes for us all my friend. I hope he proves such theories wrong over the next few stages, but at some point the crashes and surgeries and age will add up and he will decline; the question is just when. I hope it hasn’t started already but I will continue cheering for him even if it has.
I think this is too early to say. Today will tell us much more.

Last edited:
Reactions: VayaVayaVaya
Looks to me like Primoz has lost some threshold (diesel) power for the long climbs the last year or so. Normally he's good enough to suck wheels and them sprint them at the end of the stage but not so much anymore. His win this spring over Remco was built on bonus seconds in the sprints.

Looks to me like Primoz has lost some threshold (diesel) power for the long climbs the last year or so. Normally he's good enough to suck wheels and them sprint them at the end of the stage but not so much anymore. His win this spring over Remco was built on bonus seconds in the sprints.
When we heard Roglic was going to have reconstruction on his shoulder I didn't think he'd have much of an early season. He managed to win several week-long races and folks were surprised but suggested "has lost some power...". Considering the ramifications of reclaiming not only his shoulder use but the physical balance that comes with it he has done very well. These things can take several years to achieve full recovery and strength.
Today showed his power will likely return. Stage 19 is another step and will further reveal who has the depth for it and Stage 20. Terrible Giro......just terrible!

TRENDING THREADS