• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 432 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In all seriousness, Giro dItalia is a race. Cort is riding for EF, Roglic for Jumbo. Why on earth should Cort not try to get third on a major mountain stage when he has the chance? Roglic was just too slow to get those bonus seconds. Deal with it.
Yup. It’s JV’s fault for not keeping the break closer.

And for Cort I’m sure he’ll be proud (some day) to know he podiumed the queen stage of a GT—that’s not normally (ever?) his area.

Last edited:
btw, big F you to Magnus Cort for sprinting for the 3rd place time bonus today. i'm sure Roglic is glad he gifted Cort that stage win at the Vuelta a couple years ago when he couldve passed him easily. that's why you dont give any gifts.
Are you kidding? Jumbo had 5 domestiques they could have used to pace on Giau or the flat before and after to ensure the break was caught.
Cort probably sprinted because he didn't want Rog to crash him as he likes to do in sprint finishes

Are you kidding? Jumbo had 5 domestiques they could have used to pace on Giau or the flat before and after to ensure the break was caught.
Cort probably sprinted because he didn't want Rog to crash him as he likes to do in sprint finishes

lol when has Roglic ever crashed someone else in a sprint?

i will remind everyone again, Roglic gifted Cort a stage win at the Vuelta two years ago.

Maybe I'm gonna state the obvious but

1- Rogla is still not himself. I'm still under the impression his power transfer from his right leg to his left is different.

2- JV is a joke of a team. Really what? On Giau they had to at least accelerate that little bit to get the fugitives in check and get the win somehow. They're now risking to lose EVERYTHING.
Honestly? I actually hope they don't win anything because that's not the way you ride a GT.

3- Someone probably offered money to Magnus Cort to sprint away the bonus seconds from Rogla. And yet it's 100% legit and he did right because you HAVE TO HONOR THE GT YOU'RE RIDING (I'm talking to you JV team).

Reactions: SHAD0W93
lol when has Roglic ever crashed someone else in a sprint?

i will remind everyone again, Roglic gifted Cort a stage win at the Vuelta two years ago.
Just last year in fact, stage 17 2022 Vuelta a Espana. I don’t know if you saw the pages and pages and pages with video of the topic. Three views of the video in fact which paint the whole picture.

View: https://youtu.be/SkZ9Q2M6Oyc

Start from 17:30, I don’t know how anyone can claim Roglic gifted a win to Cort when not only was Cort about two bike lengths ahead at the finish, Roglic then sat up when Cort was like 10 meter from the line. Roglic would have had to have his best sprint while Cort didn’t do anything in order to win. If Roglic gifted Cort that win, Carapaz gifted Roglic the 2020 Vuelta for payback from the 2019 Giro.

Cort when not only was Cort about two bike lengths ahead at the finish, Roglic then sat up when Cort was like 10 meter from the line. Roglic would have had to have his best sprint while Cort didn’t do anything in order to win. If Roglic gifted Cort that win, Carapaz gifted Roglic the 2020 Vuelta for payback from the 2019 Giro.

oh come on, Roglic could've easily come around him, look at how close he was at 125m. he coasts the whole way from the corner to the finish.

Reactions: Gregor_Slovenia
oh come on, Roglic could've easily come around him, look at how close he was at 125m. he coasts the whole way from the corner to the finish.
I know it’s hard to tell the exact distance because it’s just their upper bodies shown but no, Roglic looks like he is about 5 bike lengths behind. Cort starts to sprint after coming around the corner and Roglic didn’t start coasting until it became clear he wasn’t catching Cort. You can see Roglic is still riding on the snapshot around the corner and when it switches to the front view.

yeah so...still waiting on a memory of him crashing another rider.
Cort just made sure it didn’t happen again.

JV should have helped Ineos chase the breakaway more during the stage. At least Primoz would have got some bonus seconds and maybe a stage win (if they chased enough). The only legit reason they didn't is that they were still unsure of Primoz's form. Anyway, time to move on to today's epic. Primoz can do it but he needs good legs, better than he had for most of the race (as Thomas is looking good). Will we have drama and PDBF reversed today? Or will the whole race turn out to be a complete dud?

Roglic once sprinted for a stage win at 2021 Paris-Nice and everyone called him too mean and greedy and Bahrain still tries to knock him off the bike for it every now and then

At one point at the bottom of Tre Croci, I was thinking the stage could end with him sprinting past Derek Gee on the line to win, like he did to Geeno Mäder that day. That would have been the ultimate cruel moment of 2023.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think his and TJV's unknown is largely what is the "top form" they can predict? He's had a string of injuries, unfinished GTs and no amount of data can foretell what happens 3 weeks down the road. Those old results mean nothing to this race.
I'm sure they are looking at all date in live race time and staying with what has been proven possible to this point and maintain a close race. Save for either Almeida or Thomas cracking under stress they couldn't be overconfident.
Tomorrow there is no holding back and no downside. It'll be the truest test to all contenders' limits and will be interesting to see if any of our guesses were even close. Almeida came back today so I can't count any of those three guys out of the overall win.
When I "watched" the intermediate reports and noticed the pacing of Sepp Kuss and his end result it was clear that going out too fast ended Amirail's chances. Kuss made up over 2 minutes in the last interval. Roglic took a slightly more aggressive pacing and GT was able to follow it, to a point. That point was where Kuss made up most of his time.
Primoz survived a dropped chain and then still stomped the finish and the Giro. Incredible resurrection for a rider that many here wrote off as "not himself" It's the new Roglic.