• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Everybody needs a little bit of Roglstomp in their lives

Page 436 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Roglic is not going to the TDF and I am yet to be convinced that Kuss will be there - Kuss has forged a close relationship with Roglic over the years and may wish to continue this at the Vuelta.
Kelderman has been told he probably won't go to the Tour because Kuss will go instead of him. Personally I'd take them both, and leave someone like Benoot at home, but Benoot seems to have an almost untouchable status in that team which I don't really understand. Good rider, don't understand me wrong, but everything Benoot can do in a GT, Kelderman can probably do better (except maybe for staying on his bike).

Reactions: Sandisfan
Kelderman has been told he probably won't go to the Tour because Kuss will go instead of him. Personally I'd take them both, and leave someone like Benoot at home, but Benoot seems to have an almost untouchable status in that team which I don't really understand. Good rider, don't understand me wrong, but everything Benoot can do in a GT, Kelderman can probably do better (except maybe for staying on his bike).
Interesting, do you have a source for the Kelderman thing?

The say I see it, Kelderman was brought in to basically be the leader/co leader for the Giro/Vuelta, especially for the Giro in case Roglic wouldn't race that. Basically be the 3rd GC leader of the team, whereas Benoot is basically a fully dedicated domestique in these races.

Kuss I don't really doubt is going. But with Roglic I think the decision is more complicated, and it depends on what his position would be in the team and how clear the hierarchy would be.

Which is really really important so I think you kinda answered your own question, plus id assume Benoot is alot better at positioning people.
The only crash Vingegaard had in the Tour last year was together with Benoot, who crashed first. Not saying he caused it, but everyone can go down. I think Benoot isn't there for positioning anyway, they have better riders for that (Van Hooydonck and Van Aert, anyone?)

Interesting, do you have a source for the Kelderman thing?

The only crash Vingegaard had in the Tour last year was together with Benoot, who crashed first. Not saying he caused it, but everyone can go down. I think Benoot isn't there for positioning anyway, they have better riders for that (Van Hooydonck and Van Aert, anyone?)

Kelderman getting more excited about doing the Giro when he heard Roglic was gonna race it is the most Kelderman thing ever. It doesn't really appear he wants to a GC leader on his own lol

Reactions: Sandisfan
What's the point of going to vuelta? He won this small grand tour 3x already and he can't win lombardia with pocagar and remco there. He should go in le tdf. He doesn't have to do much TT training and he can get a lot bonus seconds. His 2 big rivals are his teammate (which can play in his hands) and a guy who had an injury for the last 5 weeks. He's better than Landa, bardet, Hindley, Bilbao, yates and carapax . He can go without pressure and then to world championship after.

For the Tour I would take
-Vinegaard
-Roglic
-Kuss
-Kelderman
-Benoot
-Laporte
-Van Baarle
-WVA or Van hojdocnk

I swapped Tratnik for Van hojdonck , I forgot how injured tratnik was, he won't be ready for tdf

What's the point of going to vuelta? He won this small grand tour 3x already and he can't win lombardia with pocagar and remco there. He should go in le tdf. He doesn't have to do much TT training and he can get a lot bonus seconds. His 2 big rivals are his teammate (which can play in his hands) and a guy who had an injury for the last 5 weeks. He's better than Landa, bardet, Hindley, Bilbao, yates and carapax . He can go without pressure and then to world championship after.

For the Tour I would take
-Vinegaard
-Roglic
-Kuss
-Kelderman
-Benoot
-Laporte
-Van Baarle
-WVA or Van hojdocnk

I swapped Tratnik for Van hojdonck , I forgot how injured tratnik was, he won't be ready for tdf
Good post.

He should definitely go to the Tour, if he has the hunger and desire to go again.

Vinge could crash/have a bad race. The same could happen to Pog, who has not had an ideal preparation.

He would be right there to seize the opportunity, if either of the other two are not at their best.

Worst case scenario he has a good chance to finish 3rd or can go for the mountains jersey and stages. Super-dom or take turns attacking to put pressure on Pog.

He has nothing to lose. The only thing would be if he is too tired physically/mentally and feels he needs a longer break to recover. Spend time with his family.

Mitja also said that he had promised to Roglic's mum he won't give a push to Rogla on the climb, so the rider wouldn't get any kind of penalty in terms of seconds. So it was a very difficult decision for Mitja and like a seasoned pro, who thinks clearly in times of big pressure, he decided to wait for the mechanic to be the first to touch Rogla and only then he gave a helping hand to his friend. By acting like this he made his friend and his friend's mum (and a couple of millions other people) very happy.

I'll start by apologizing for finger waging, but do any of you ever just enjoy the moment?! PR just had a great performance (and likely won the GdI), but most posts are about "TdF, VaE, Worlds...". Who cares about Monday morning! Yesterday was a great day! Today will (likely) be a great celebration! Breath it in!
Honestly, that is not one of my strengths

TRENDING THREADS